WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thanks for the reply. The Kelty has gotten to the point where cinching it up isn't as easy as it used to be due to its age, Granite Gear may still work but want to look at options. I'll look at some ULA stuff, but I really need decent back support and good hip belt. Local outfitters don't have that big a selection of packs, so my experiences are often trial-and-error.

I like simple - had an old Mountainsmith pack years ago,land there were so many adjustments on it that nobody could get 'em all right...... I forget the model, though.

I ended up buying the GoLite Winatchee primaloft jacket. It weighs just under a pound. My concern was can my rain jacket fit over it, and it does like a glove. I'm right in between a M and L so I opted for the M and they are a tad snug under my armpits but perfect otherwise. I went camping in a very windy spot when the temps dropped into the 30s and I had a LS tee and a SS tee over that with the synthetic jacket and was pretty warm. What I like is it's not TOO warm if it warms up into the 40s and 50s. Seems very breathable. Not sure if down jackets are like that but I'm pretty satisfied with another GoLite's purchase.

Journal Entries

my favorite piece of gear is my go lite 'dawn' pack. its a very old design, before they went mainstream, and is a pretty sturdy ul pack (13oz). they stopped making this pack about 5 or 6 years ago ay least, so you need to buy used if you want one. i have bought some of their more recent designs bitter root jacket (blah), the jam pack (great value at $79), the poncho tarp (good to own). i give their more recent stuff a mediocre grade at best. that said the jam pack series is maybe the best value out there for a lightweight pack at a good price, for those not trying to get under a pound for their pack.
    YOUTUBE: https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCMDkRcGP1yP20SOD-oiSGcQ
    Instagram: DIGGER_PCT_2016
    twitter: @takethisbread
    AT 2x, LT, JMT, CT, Camino, Ireland Coast to Coast, HWT, WT, NET, NST, PCT

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++