WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Last edited by Teacher & Snacktime; 10-20-2013 at 03:21.
    "Maybe life isn't about avoiding the bruises. Maybe it's about collecting the scars to prove we showed up for it."

Quote Originally Posted by Last Call View Post
    Isn't Bryson a rather corpulent fellow, & Redford slim? How will that work???
    Hey, it's Bollywood! It'll work the same way Tom Cruise ( 5' 4" ) playing Jack Reacher ( 6' 5" ) worked/

I hope Redford improves on the story to a point that he totally pisses off Bryson. I would probably just pay money to get that.

Bumblebee Tuna
    Let me go

Quote Originally Posted by double d View Post
    The movie is going to be one of those "based on a true story" type of films which in reality is "based on a true story" of the book Bryson wrote about the AT back in the mid-1990's. Actually LW should play the Katz character-seems like both of them have the same type of personality (at least to me).
    you're an angry little man

Quote Originally Posted by aficion View Post
    Will they shake down your pack for you at Neel's Gap if you are a SOBO thru hiker?
    they know SOBOs have no $$$ left so they're left alone

Default Casting A Walk in the Woods

Should have cast Gary Busey

Quote Originally Posted by k2basecamp View Post
    Good one. He'd be the slightly crazed guy carrying concealed accompanied by his dog Cujo.

Quote Originally Posted by k2basecamp View Post
    Hey if he can do both Buddy Holly and Bear Bryant, I am sure he could handle this too.
    The road to glory cannot be followed with much baggage.
    Richard Ewell, CSA General

Images

Personally I think that Simon Pegg and Nick Frost should play Bryson and Katz.

And folks should take less offense at the comedic portrayals of hikers, because well they are so funny because they are so true. Don't take yourselves so serious that you miss the fun, humor and in the end the truth.
    igne et ferrum est potentas
    "In the beginning, all America was Virginia." -​William Byrd

I was thinking Seth Rogan for Katz....I always saw him (Katz) as a sad, pathetic figure rather than a drunken bastard....Rogan pulls off pitiable pretty well.
    "Maybe life isn't about avoiding the bruises. Maybe it's about collecting the scars to prove we showed up for it."

Section Hiker

Quote Originally Posted by fiddlehead View Post
    No doubt it (the movie) will make the AT more crowded than ever.
    Something that some may applaud but not me.

Should be interesting to see if he focuses on the slackers (people who hitchike around to join up with their faster friends), speedhikers, the failure rate, nature, towns, or actual walking.
    No doubt it will make the South end of the AT more crowded...

"Your comfort zone is a beautiful place, but nothing ever grows there.
    "

My vote is for Jack Black as Katz but who's counting the votes,,,, as for those who are worried about filming bothering the hikers on the trail It will probably be filmed in California ...most Americans don't know their geography anyway so a Cactus here or there wouldn't be a problem Old Man River
    "the legs feed the wolf gentlemen, the legs feed the wolf" from the movie "Miracle"

Quote Originally Posted by TEXMAN View Post
    My vote is for Jack Black as Katz but who's counting the votes,,,, as for those who are worried about filming bothering the hikers on the trail It will probably be filmed in California ...most Americans don't know their geography anyway so a Cactus here or there wouldn't be a problem Old Man River
    Jack Black would rock as Katz....and they probably won't even bother with any trail....a green screen will work just fine...sigh

Images

Love the Jack Black as Katz idea.............no doubt that they could improve on casting options. Redford and Nolte could simply serve in other roles, ie Trail Angel's or shuttlers.

So truth be told, Jeremiah Johnson has been one of my favorite movies for like 20+ years, and my trail name Del Q is a takeoff on Del Gue in that movie, which stemmed from two very cool books, Mountain Man and the story of "Liver Eating Johnson". Good reads if interested.

Agreed, will believe it when I see it.....................one thing for sure, if / when this comes out the AT will become a LOT BUSIER!

No, they have not yet called me to be in the movie.....................

Section Hiker

Quote Originally Posted by TEXMAN View Post
    Jack Black would make a GREAT Katz. He, Martin and Wilson were awesome in 'The Big Year' and did a great job of not ruining the book (or the true version of the story)... They brought something mostly foreign to the general public without offending the real birders... A similar recipe would have worked great for A Walk in the Woods. Heck, even John Cleese narrating!

"Your comfort zone is a beautiful place, but nothing ever grows there.
    "

“I’m interested in that thing that happens where there’s a breaking point for some people and not for others,” he said over morning coffee recently in the deserted Owl Bar at his resort here. “You go through such hardship, things that are almost impossibly difficult, and there’s no sign that it’s going to get any better, and that’s the point when people quit. But some don’t.”
    Sheesh, if he wants to make a movie about something that is almost impossibly difficult, then perhaps he should consider Skurka's Alaska trip.
    Trillium

I think Paul Giamatti would be my vote. Right make up he'd make a fine Bryson or Katz.

Images

This just gets worse and worse
    "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

The director of Borat and Bruno may just provide the humor we're looking for .......http://www.empireonline.com/News/story.asp?nid=39262

Images

Default Nolte

Nolte not nearly handsome enough to play LW...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
++ New Posts ++