Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Here you go CityGirlTurnedWild.. if you do Facebook this group would be good for you to join.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/5638...ocation=stream

Hi CityGirl,
    I'm a single woman, 24 years old, from North Carolina, and planning to start a thru-hike in March (though I'm thinking a bit earlier for a start date- second week of March). I've also been looking for a hiking partner - as you described, not someone to hike with 24/7 but someone who shared a similar itinerary and who could make sure I stumbled into camp intact at the end of the day (as I would do for her). I don't have experience with backpacking, but I plan to be well-prepared and have done some shake-down hikes before starting, and have had other opportunities to develop "street/trail smarts." I may or may not have a friend hiking at least part-way with me, but either way it would be nice to have a "check-in buddy." Let me know if you are still looking for someone!

Welcome CityGirl! I'm a Chicagoan too, who is pondering a thru-hike for next spring. I'd say I'm 50/50, as I'm up for a promotion at work. I'll let you know if I do end up committing, but if you're interested I'd love a hiking/backpacking partner for around here! I usually work Saturdays so my schedule prohibits me from doing stuff like meetups, and all my friends think I'm crazy for wanting to do outdoorsy things.

Quote Originally Posted by tee View Post
    Welcome CityGirl! I'm a Chicagoan too, who is pondering a thru-hike for next spring. I'd say I'm 50/50, as I'm up for a promotion at work. I'll let you know if I do end up committing, but if you're interested I'd love a hiking/backpacking partner for around here! I usually work Saturdays so my schedule prohibits me from doing stuff like meetups, and all my friends think I'm crazy for wanting to do outdoorsy things.
    I was told the same thing where I'm originally from. You should move out west. Out there its the people who aren't into the outdoors who will be told there weird.

ello ello!

I am a 22 (almost 23) year old female student in Auburn, AL also planning a NOBO starting march 2014! we could talk n stuff if ya like. I haven't told my extended family yet and they are going to flip their shiz when I do so it would definitely be cool if I could say I had 'met' a friend beforehand that I was meeting up with.

I would at least like someone to start with!
    \

Quote Originally Posted by ATBuddy View Post
    I was told the same thing where I'm originally from. You should move out west. Out there its the people who aren't into the outdoors who will be told there weird.
    Thanks ATBuddy! Moving west is an aspiration of mine. I've been looking for opportunities for a few years, and have had a few interviews, but nothing has panned out. But I should try harder - Illinois is entirely too flat!!

Hi! I'm a 22-year old woman from Knoxville, TN, and I'm also looking for another female to hike with (two friends were supposed to thru-hike with me and both backed out). I will be starting on March 9th or 10th, since I really need to finish before grad school starts in August. My dad will be with me until the Smokies but I'm really hoping to have some hiking buddies by then.

I've done some short backpacking trips (Grand Canyon, the Cumberland Trail, some spots in the Smokies), but nothing this intense. I don't have a very big budget, so I'd love to find a group that's trying to live cheaply as well.

I'm a 22/f who will be hiking solo in March 2014 too! I haven't even told my parents yet because they are going to freakout a little bit I would love to get to know as many people as possible before I go, and even have someone to start out with. I hiked a lot in high school and only recently started getting back into it.

Hey there! 25/f looking to start around the same time as you! I'm from Indiana, and my family is sort of nervous about the first couple of weeks, too!

I have a bit of experience backpacking, and just want someone to keep an eye out for me the first couple of weeks, until I get established with a group of similar paced people.

I'm planning on doing a part of the knobstone trail in southern Indiana in October, if you would want to join me on that, as a shakedown of sorts!

Let's chat!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whoops! I'm starting 2015...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Glimmer! I'm in the same boat, and would totally be interested in doing a shakedown hike with you or starting off together next year! I'll shoot you a PM!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++