WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

oh wow, i think i know that dude, i remember lobo. wait until he finds out we're talking about him, he'll have a full blown episode. notice all the replies to his posts, he's talking to himself.

that man needs treatment

Quote Originally Posted by Hill Ape View Post
    oh wow, i think i know that dude, i remember lobo. wait until he finds out we're talking about him, he'll have a full blown episode. notice all the replies to his posts, he's talking to himself.

that man needs treatment
    The Lobo the man is talking about is Scott Lilly that was killed on the AT. I don't think he will know we are talking about him.
    The trouble I have with campfires are the folks that carry a bottle in one hand and a Bible in the other.
    You never know which one is talking.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by WingedMonkey View Post
    I don't think he will know we are talking about him.
    The voices inside his head will tell him.
    Getting lost is a way to find yourself.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by WingedMonkey View Post
    The Lobo the man is talking about is Scott Lilly that was killed on the AT. I don't think he will know we are talking about him.
    Scott Lilly's trail name was Stonewall. The person who wrote this letter (Richard Donahue) appears to have an interest in Wolves, Wolf/Dog hybrids. Lobo was an amazing wolf who was trapped and killed in New Mexico in the 1890's. I think the 'Lobo' Richard Donahue is asking us to remember is actually the historic wolf.

His self purported links to Scott Lilly and the language used (as Bfayer pointed out) referencing Darrell Rice are beyond disturbing. I hope the authorities are aware of his letter and Facebook posts. With all these warning signs I would not feel safe sharing a shelter with this individual. I hope he gets the help he needs and gets off the trail.
    Last edited by imscotty; 11-09-2013 at 13:01.

Quote Originally Posted by imscotty View Post
    Scott Lilly's trail name was Stonewall.
    My mistake.
    Last edited by Alligator; 11-09-2013 at 15:23. Reason: TOS #2
    The trouble I have with campfires are the folks that carry a bottle in one hand and a Bible in the other.
    You never know which one is talking.

i posted this photo with hopes of some clarification... but to no avail , Im more confused than before...

I think.... this guy is upset with authorities not campers, I dont think he did it, I just think he was close by ?

As I said Im confused and my kids are becoming leary of the AT, not where I was hoping this would lead..

Makes me wonder why he was at the Appalachian trail MTA train stop ? Is he local ....or was he passing through, what was the meaning of posting the letter ?

Does he want the investigation to continue ?

Sorry for so many questions, just never came across a letter like this..

Whatever... Im Hiking tomorrow ....

Journal Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Wise Old Owl View Post
    Wait, how do you see validity in a letter like that?
    Google search 'gaslighting' It is a view of reality from a forced different perspective, but that does not negate the view. Some of his points are valid, such as people in power can make some people's lives a living hell, and oppression and exploitation of the poor.

Images

PaulingHiker,

I am not sure rational thinking applies in this case and I am not sure it is worth the effort to try to understand that letter. He is from Virginia (Front Royal = Helltown), there is a photo on his Facebook page from June that looks like looks he has an encampment in a culvert somewhere in the woods. It is wise to always be aware of your surroundings and prepared for the unexpected, but we cannot let fear rule our lives. I wish you happy trails tomorrow and every day.
    Last edited by imscotty; 11-09-2013 at 21:45.

Images

I'm pretty sure at times the Unibomber had some valid points as well. As he sat huddled in his shack, in the woods, filling pipes with wires and putty, pecking away on a 60 yr old typewriter.

Most people with mental illness are harmless. They are more of a danger to themselves than others. I hope this person finds help or peace. I don't think too much more can be surmised from the note other than be vigilant and continue to hike.

Journal Entries
    Images

RC Bear - good valid point... AMS - one still has to be weary. Much of the demographics of sociopaths is written by professors in academia. Our prisons are full. I agree with your perspective as I work in areas with mentally handicapped.
    Dogs are excellent judges of character, this fact goes a long way toward explaining why some people don't like being around them.

Woo

Dude is Bat ***** CRAZY (BSC - pronounced Bessie) and still out there. We were just doing a section in Rocksylvania outside Port Clinton Just this week and he comes into the shelter near dark with the dog. We exchanged pleasantries and he hinted that he was low on food and dog food. We commented that we were also low on food and retired to your tents across the road. An uneasy feeling of anger exuded from this guy, (but his dog seems cool). Of course we slept uneasy that night as my partner said he ranted most of the night in the shelter alone with his dog. At around 2:50am I see him walking around with his red light and he approaches our site and stops then heads back down the road to the trail. Heading SOBO thankfully as we were headed North. In the a.m. I found a ziploc with one of his manifestos in it saying pretty much the same stuff on the OP pictures. As we headed North, we would find his meaningless rants in a lot of the shelter registers along the way. Weird thing is we also saw two full cans of dog food and some dog snacks sitting right in the middle of the trail two days later. Not sure if there was a correlation. Some people raise a warning flag. This guy runs it up the pole so quick, it snaps off the end...

Looks like the ravings of just another religious lunatic to me. Seriously, people should keep their irrational supernatural beliefs to themselves.
    Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish.

Getting out as much as I can..which is never enough. :) Mags's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Flash View Post
    Looks like the ravings of just another religious lunatic to me. Seriously, people should keep their irrational supernatural beliefs to themselves.
    Hot Flash, you may want to tread lightly when it comes to people's personal beliefs. Calling something a set of "irrational supernatural beliefs" is just flame bait.

And I am saying this as an atheist.

Thanks!
    Paul "Mags" Magnanti
    http://pmags.com
    Twitter: @pmagsco
    Facebook: pmagsblog

The true harvest of my life is intangible...a little stardust caught,a portion of the rainbow I have clutched -Thoreau

:banana Wolfman of Helltown

I have seen this guys luridly psychotic register entries since Connecticut. I ran into him today (09/26) at the pavillion in Port Clinton. He had written a large bill board sign using a sharpie and tacked it up inside the pavillion. I spoke with him briefly, and got out of there fast.

Quote Originally Posted by pawlinghiker View Post
    I was hiking last weekend by the NY CT border and came across an interesting letter posted on a info board.

The letter was taped on the glass with camo gorilla tape, and was put there recently.

I photographed the letter and wanted to know more about this guy and the story behind the letter.

Please have a look at the photos below.

Obviously I do not want to start any trouble, I was just kinda taken back by the letter.

Im not the police, just a Dad who hikes with his kids...

Thanks for looking

He has posted alot of psychotic rants in registers at shelters. I have seen the same basic screed interspersed with paranoid rantings. He is now hiking south from Port Clinton (09/26/14). He is traveling with a dog named Lucas.

This guy seems to have psychosis or paranoid sczophrenia. I have read MANY of his luridly psychotic, paranoid register entries.

The trail and it's wildlife are safe....idiots like this concern me...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:banana Encounter With The Wolfman

A fellow hiker found and photographed a warning someone left about this guy. According to the note, the Wolfman accosts people at lean-tos and asks them for food. If the victim refuses, the Wolfman launches into a vitriolic rant loosely based on some sort of evangelical christianity (and narcissistic hatred of anyone who has things he wants). The Wolf,an then waits until his victims are asleep and then leaves handwritten notes on the sleeping victim's sleeping bag. The notes he leaves include fabrications about how the Wolfman has "killed hikers in the past". While I doubt that he has every commited homicide, I believe that his actions could be construed as terroristic thrats (use of threats to i cause fear). His actions seem to go beyond mere annoyance, and are criminal. By pure coincidence, I stayed with a section hiker who had met the same Wolf,an of Helltown while she was hiking for a few days with a group of other female friends. She and her group decided to cut their trip short because they were concerned about this man. Please note that language which is calculated to instill fear in another person can be a crime. The writing and speech of the Wolfman of Helltown which cause fear are in no ways protected speech under the 1st amendment.

He lists his name on his website as Richard Donahue.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
++ New Posts ++