WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Journal Entries
    Images

Been a member of the AMC, ATC, and GMC. I see the ATC as more of a lobbying group. Almost a necessary evil. The ATC well over 10 years in a row. On and off before. AMC on and off since the late 70's. AMC is the most difficult for me to give to because I just get a funny feeling of them going in to many directions and being way too structured. The GMC regularly for over 20 years. The GMC is the one I'm most comfortable supporting. The level depends on what I can afford in a given year, Being semi retired it isn't what it used to be but it's been enough to get invites to special get togethers.
    Actually feel the trail workers and maintenance people do the most, they are the youngest and give a lot of bang per hour. So I do whatever I am able to make sure they have the tools and equipment necessary. Only thing about GMC that mildly upset me is that when I tried to link up with director on linkedin I pretty much was ignored and that just isn't wize with someone who's tossed in 4 figures over the years.
    Last edited by lemon b; 10-11-2014 at 12:09.

++ New Posts ++