We did check out the cot. La Aqua Na did the lay on it test while I was quizzing Bruce about the pack and the features I didnt notice.
Her response was that it was nice and comfortable but not as comfortable as a hammock....remember the LuxLite gear had a PCT mandate (my opinion not nec. those of LuxLite which of course I have no affiation 'cepting paying for Bruce's new car
With that I mean/suppose that out west maybe there are vastly more miles where you can't hammock versus our blessings of trees here in the east, dont know really since I've only hiked 8 miles of the PCT near Ranier and there were plenty of trees there only they were too big to get a strap around!
But the cot was much more comfortable than a thermawrest or similar pad (and here is why: your body parts-elbows,knees, etc. are never on or touch the ground even when sleeping on your side-try that with an ultralight thermawrest, and another BUT which Valcour has already pointed out-the cot will sleep cool just like a hammock which means insulation needed below.
What I wanted to see was the setup and take down but was in a hurry to get to Dots for lunch with the WBers