All,

Just wanted to see what kind of elevations Whiteblaze users have hiked too.

Post back where you were and how high up you hiked.

It's always nice to see what others have done besides the AT.

For me, I hike up to about 17,500 ft in Bolivia's Cordillera Rill darn near to the top of Mt. Chacaltaya.

If you'd like to see images of my excursion to Chacaltaya view my gallery:
http://www.whiteblaze.net/gallery/sh...00&ppuser=3614

It was one heck of an experience. Prior to that hike my highest "hikes" were in the 9k range, out in the Tetons, in Rocky Mountain NP, and to the top of Mt. Baden Powell in the Angeles NF out in CA.

I went to Bolivia in there winter and surprise it snowed the night before our trip to the Glacier. My primary reason for the trip was to do some southern hemisphere astronomy which was excellent, but I managed to do a lot of tourism and hiking on the trip. A bus was to drop us off at a staging area for the hike up Chacaltaya. It didn't make it even half way up. The road was wild as thin as it could get and a huge dropoff over the edge. The bus was sliding all around and people actually opened up the emergency windows preparing to get out. So the bus finally stopped and said no further, we'd have to hike. It was a 3 hr or so hike to where we ended our excursion at about 17,500ft. Right below a Cosmic Ray Research Station.

All and all a great experience. Air sure was thin tho, definitely double dosing on breathing, though I didn't have any trouble. A few turned back. If you're looking for more info on Chacaltaya check out my photo gallery and read the descriptions.

Anyways, I look forward to hearing about your peak elevation.