Good Morning and Welcome to the forum to me! I am new here and am very excited about this forum and the opportunity to pick peoples brains about one of my favorite past times! My other obsession is Jeeps and the folks on Jeepforum have proved unbelievably useful, as I know you will also.

On to the subject at hand...

I am planning a 3 day section hike for next weekend. I want to do the Roan Highlands, as I love that area and am taking a group that hasn't been. In the past I have parked at Carver's Gap and hiked out to 19e and back. I was thinking about doing a Point to Point this time. I was going to park at 19e and have the other car at Iron Mountain Gap. However I have heard that 19e is a vandalism magnet and I don't want my volvo to look like my convertible Jeep when I get back. So what's a good alternative? Any other really good hikes in that area that will take me over the humps and through the balds? I like the area from clyde smith to carvers gap bc the pines are nice and shady this time of year. Would I be better to leave a car at bitter end road parking lot and just have a long first day? Is that doable from bitter end to Overmountain shelter for the first day?