Hey all,

We got rocked here in central PA with snow. I was trekking around a bit near where I live to test out my snow set up before the real deal rolls in.

++Boots++
Right now I have a pair of these: http://www.salomon.com/us/product/exit-2-aero.html

I tried to waterproof them with NikWax spray on waterproofer. After putting numerous coats on, I thought I'd be good to go. Moreover, by combining them with a pair of a goretex gaiters they seemed like they were be great. Nonetheless, the wet snow seeped through the boots and got my socks wet.

I don't want this to happen when I snowshoe!

What type of boots would you guys recommend? I do not want something too heavy. Or, maybe I just need better waterproofer?

++Leg gear++
For my legs I have a pair of Columbia rain pants and some nice goretex gaiters. My legs stayed plenty warm in the snow today! I wore long underwear under the rain pants and it worked great. My snow pants seemed liked they'd be overkill for snowshoeing and trekking about. Unless it was sub zero, I think I'd work up a sweat.

++Upper Body++
Shell - NorthFace Venture - kept me dry and kept the warmth in. Opened the pit zips and it didn't cause me to sweat.
Insulation - EMS Summit fleece vest - worked well.
- Another option: I have a NorthFace Denali as well that I can use

I am wanting to get a down jacket. Currently I do not own one and the Denali is my warmest jacket for outdoor activity. I think I want the Eddie Bauer Down Sweater or Down Shirt. I am not sure which I should go with. They look like the best deal out there. Any suggestions??

Thanks for the help!