Quote Originally Posted by mrcoffeect View Post
Two years ago while hiking in vt, I was spending the night at goddard shelter on the side of glastenbury mt . I arrived there with just enough time to settle in and make a quick cup of coffee,and then head for the firetower on the summit to get some sunset pics.
Fast forward an hour and a half, and two rolls of film, now it is well after dark. I had stayed on awhile talking to a couple of thru hikers
that were going to stealth up top. As we went to climb down from the tower, it was then i realized in my haste back at the shelter, i had forgotten to grab my headlamp. the best part was the ribbing i got from other hikers upon my 10:30pm arrival back at the shelter.
A few hikers had stayed back at the shelter when i went up to the tower earlier,but by the time i got back there was at least six or seven more. Everyone at the shelter had spent at least an hour wondering what the bright flashes of light were, that were slowly advancing down the mt. toward the shelter. They all had a grand ole time laughing and teasing me in turns, here i was, snap a flash of my camera walk a quick few feet stop wait for flash to recharge , snap and walk ,snap and walk.

That hilarious!