I bought a pair of on-sale Bikila LS on sale at REI a month ago, and I haven't hiked in anything else since. So I'm a convert.

So now I'm willing to spend the money on the 'right' pair. I'm going NOBO on the Long Trail in August, so I'm looking for advice from other FF wearers.

My main concern is walking all day in wet feet. Obviously if I even touch soggy ground in the Bikilas, my feet are instantly wet. I always wear midweight Injinji or Smartwool toe socks with the shoes, so my feet are always warm and comfortable, but they *are* still wet.

I'm looking at the Lontra (http://www.vibramfivefingers.com/pro...tra-Womens.htm) which seems to offer some minimal water resistance, but perhaps also seems more geared towards winter activities, and may be too hot in the summer?

Everyone loved the KSO in 2011, and the uppers no longer appear to be leather (good for water), but the soles are still the slick soles, which I'm hesitant to use (grip is GOOD).

Any FF wearers have suggestions/recommendations, or thoughts on the FF in wet conditions?