Quote Originally Posted by Mikey Appleseed View Post
Well said Just Bill! But lets not change it to one slice....and I know for a fact ppl brought food designed for her and her only, disrespecting the "not planned" loophole, I love the word cause that's what it is, a loophole! They describe it on FB! Pics and all!(the anish magic) The amount of support/magic for has never been seen like this, its why it must be talked about! Theres actually trail angels/support who feel disrespected because they feel they helped her and are not getting pub, only hurting her case. Theres questions about other things, and stuff I cant confirm, so Ill leave it at that. Mucho respect to all hikers, its just tough because when you respect the record for as long as I have, I had to put in my 2 cents...
As I said it should be talked about, if you've watched the records for awhile- you also know the generally accepted practice is that the hiker generates a trip report, at that point the debate begins. Social media, cute chick, very inspirational, possible a bit nieve. Certainly an evolution all around. The PCT is a much tighter trail community too, and I know the angels there take it personally. The issue isn't new, just more public than ever before. Jen and Matt both took steps to remain as private as possible. Scott- never really been a public thing with him either. I still feel there's only really two options- refuse all support- or keep your location private. Did Anish know any better? She does now.