WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: bourbon

BC, I'll have to hint to Bro about Uigeadail.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by fwish View Post
    Makers Mark 46
    ......This^

----Old Crow!

Sitting here having my evening wine and dreaming of a thru hike. not possible anytime soon but I begin sectioning in Mach! If any of you Crown Royal drinkers are interested in seeing them I have made my hubby one quilt from the Crown Royal purple bags and one quilt from the crown royal black bags.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by 12TH Man View Post
    BC, I'll have to hint to Bro about Uigeadail.
    This would be an exceedlingly good idea.
    Ken B
    'Big Cranky'
    Our Long Trail journal

Images

I have a lovely silver flask that I bought at the Virginia Scottish Games. I fill it with good single malt Scotch.
    "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

My Brothers and Father and I went to Scotland for The Gathering that Glenlivet puts on. Gave us all a very nice flask.
    Just bought a couple of Stanley flasks at REI. Must have the Scotish Ambrosia on the trail.

Fort Thomas, Ky. (Land of Milk and Honey!)

I think all bourbons are just swell! If you ever get some time try out the Kentucky Bourbon Trail. Most of it is centered along the Bluegrass Pkwy. between Lexington and Louisville. The scenary is the best. Rolling hills and streams in horse country. The Bourbon is not too bad either. About 9 distilleries to tour. 4 Roses. / Woodford Reserve and Makers are my favorite destinations. At Makers you can dip your own bottle in the red wax... Next to the AT the Bourbon Trail is my 2nd favorite trail. If you like smooth Bourbon try Bulliett 10 year. Awesome!

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

This is my beauty (but I prefer TN Honey)

image.jpg

What is that Traffic Jam?

What is that Traffic Jam?
    Johnnie Walker Blue Label

Quote Originally Posted by Berserker View Post
    The great thing about whiskey and bourbon in particular is that most of it is good...even the "mid level to bottom shelf" stuff like Evan Williams, Fighting Cock and Old Granddad 114 to name a few. Sure they aren't as complex as the more expensive harder to get stuff, but they're still mighty tasty.
    I have been drinking whiskey since I was a young child...I used to get hot water, honey and bourbon to sip when I was sick. I could fake a cough with the best of them ever since I was about 7. With that being said, there is nothing better on this planet than Evan Williams. I do like the occasional dram of single malt but the Evan Williams black is the king of them all.

Excellent taste there TJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Traffic Jam View Post
    Johnnie Walker Blue Label

Quote Originally Posted by 4shot View Post
    I have been drinking whiskey since I was a young child...I used to get hot water, honey and bourbon to sip when I was sick. I could fake a cough with the best of them ever since I was about 7. With that being said, there is nothing better on this planet than Evan Williams. I do like the occasional dram of single malt but the Evan Williams black is the king of them all.
    That's funny.

Excellent taste there TJ
    I didn't know so much of the JW was gone...I think Santa got a bit crazy. Of course, since he left me a Lightheart tent, who am I to complain.

Quote Originally Posted by 4shot View Post
    My dear Father had four sons. Teething pains taken care of by dipping his finger into his scotch and thusly rubbing said finger over
    offending gums (teeth).

Scotch has been a friend for some time.

For the trail I prefer Cheap: Evan 1783. But lately during cold hikes Mint Schnapps has been preferable.

Images

I never used to bring booze with me then a serious outdoorsman friend asked if I brought "hooch" with me. He brings Vodka

I have varied on my selections hike to hike, but on the bourbon front George Stagg was amazing, like 142 proof, but Bookers topped the bourbon experiences. Finished a long 14 mile day, ended with a long UP, you know when you get that 2nd wind at the end of the day? Felt great, got to camping spot, got water, sun going down, started on the Bookers before hydrating.............after 4-5 ounces or so realized it was time to pitch my tent, bear bag, eat, etc. Laughed. Was a perfect night, cool, no bugs, great tenting spot, SPAM with pita bread, mustard and cheese for dinner, hard pretzels, GORP, more bourbon. PERFECT

Bookers
    Knob Creek
    Buffalo Trace

Rinse and Repeat

Quote Originally Posted by Del Q View Post
    I never used to bring booze with me then a serious outdoorsman friend asked if I brought "hooch" with me. He brings Vodka

I have varied on my selections hike to hike, but on the bourbon front George Stagg was amazing, like 142 proof, but Bookers topped the bourbon experiences. Finished a long 14 mile day, ended with a long UP, you know when you get that 2nd wind at the end of the day? Felt great, got to camping spot, got water, sun going down, started on the Bookers before hydrating.............after 4-5 ounces or so realized it was time to pitch my tent, bear bag, eat, etc. Laughed. Was a perfect night, cool, no bugs, great tenting spot, SPAM with pita bread, mustard and cheese for dinner, hard pretzels, GORP, more bourbon. PERFECT
    I hike to experience moments like that.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
++ New Posts ++