WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13 19 20 21 22 23

Hello everyone, I'm Steve. Been on site for awhile, only made a few posts. But have been gleaning some excellent advice from all the wonderful people that take the time to share what they have personally experienced. For the past two years I have been setting aside the funds so that I can start my AT thru-hike. Have been dreaming of this for 30 plus years. (family, work, etc.) well...now is the time and I still have my health and ability. I start on March 1, 2015 North bound from Springer. And I must say the excitement grows by the day....nice to meet everyone. HELLO FROM North Virginia

Welcome Brian, Wayne and Steve. Glad to have ya here.

Lost Acoustic Blues
    (clickable)

G'day all, I'm Jim or Moose, and I'm mainly here to get all the facts and pointers about the AT before I walk it in 2015. By and large found everyone very friendly and open with their info although some are very excitable. I've been bushwalking, it seems for ever, and spent 17 years in the Military, Infantry. Just had a wonderful read through the post on shelter etiquette 12 pages and counting, and had to leave my take on all that info with my usual aussie humor. I a happy go lucky guy with no real hangups, love a joke especially if I'm not the butt of it and can't wait to get there and start. Kicking off on 13 Mar 2015 NOBO.

Hi, my name is Jeremy. I have been an on and off hikers for years and am now getting really serious about it. I have been doing a lot of the local trails here in the Smoky Mountains. I love taking pictures and documenting my hikes. I also have a website called KampingExpert where I talk about backpacking gear and some of the local trails here in the Smokies. I hope everyone is having a great day. Happy hiking.

Hello from Georgia. Fairly new to backpacking, have been getting gear and my self ready for the Ga loop at the end of Oct. Learning a lot from here. Thanks everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello!! My name is Nic and I am from Texas. This spring will be my first time on the AT, and I am planning on doing a 6 week section starting in Roanoke/Daleville in April, tentatively. I've never been anywhere near the AT but I did 500 miles on the PCT last year and had a great experience. This forum is a great place, thanks to everyone who keeps it alive!! Nice to meet y'all!

Images

Hello, my name is Jim. I moved to Roanoke VA area several years ago from the flat midwest. This spured an interest in hiking and with easy acces to the AT I have taken full advantage. It helps that I see McAfee Knob and Tinker Cliff each day from my deck, i.e., love the view. I am planning a 2017 thru hike after I reach certain age and pension numbers and while I am physically able. I am a frequent reader of forum posts and find the information sharing very helpful. Thanks for all the posts and this great forum. Hope to see you on the AT

Quote Originally Posted by gidgetgirl View Post
    Hello!! My name is Nic and I am from Texas. This spring will be my first time on the AT, and I am planning on doing a 6 week section starting in Roanoke/Daleville in April, tentatively. I've never been anywhere near the AT but I did 500 miles on the PCT last year and had a great experience. This forum is a great place, thanks to everyone who keeps it alive!! Nice to meet y'all!
    Welcome Nic! You will be in my area especially if your going northbound out of Daleville. Pm me if you need any area info or help.

Lost Acoustic Blues
    (clickable)

Quote Originally Posted by Deer Hunter View Post
    Welcome Nic! You will be in my area especially if your going northbound out of Daleville. Pm me if you need any area info or help.
    Thanks Deer Hunter! I am currently trying to work out resupply issues around your neck of the woods, so I'm sure I will be contacting you for advice soon. Thanks again!

Hi I'm Bigfoot ive lurked for a year or so but joined recently. I plan on thru-hiking nobo in 2017. My foot size is 15.5 so ya im a Bigfoot. Ive hiked the at a whole lot just near northern va and wva and i live near front royal, va.

Hi to all, I'm Ray C.
    I have been around for a few mounts and joined on 8/27/2014. I am a avid hiker and am about to retire from my job of almost 35 years with the Alabama Department of Conservation and Natural Resources (Sate Parks). Did a lot of hiking as a kid and for the last 6 yeas have hiked a lot in my hobby of Geocaching.
    I have been thinking about the AT for a long time and now is the time for a "Thru" hike. Planning on a March 2015 start. still working on my gear.

Thanks to all for the great forum here.

Big Foot and Ray C, Happy hiking.

Hi everyone!

I'm Brittany (or Smoky on the trail). I completed my NoBo thru hike in 2013 and couldn't have done it without the help of the community at whiteblaze, so thank you all for your advice! It was one amazing journey. I never got around to signing up until now but would love to help any beginners with any questions they may have. Feel free to send me a PM.

Nice to finally "meet" you all,
    Brittany (Smoky)

My name is Kameron, I grew up in Botetourt Va. Always pulled to the trail. I am starting to plan some nice long sections. I would love to be able to thru but that is going to be years down the road. Now I am a little south of Roanoke. Would love to meet up with some local experienced hikers to pick their brain about the normal newbie stuff and see about some good 3-4 day hikes around the area.

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13 19 20 21 22 23
++ New Posts ++