WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Six Moon Designs Skyscape Scout Solo Tent

Just came across this tent online. Only $125 and just over 2 pounds. Anyone ever used this? What have you heard?

I have the "Trekker" model and I like it. Pleanty of head and elbow room, reasonably quick and easy set up, modest foot print fits lots of tent spots. My only complaint is you can't get in from both sides. Having that ability would have been really handy.
    Follow slogoen on Instagram.

I got the Trekker version for Christmas but haven't set it up yet. Too much snow outside. But I did read this detailed and glowing review of the Cuben Fiber version. Other than the fabrics, I assume all three models are the same.

http://hikelighter.com/2012/04/03/si...ns-skyscape-x/

Other then fabrics and PRICE, they are the same...
    Follow slogoen on Instagram.

Thanks for the feedback!

Quote Originally Posted by Slo-go'en View Post
    Other then fabrics and PRICE, they are the same...
    Yes - True dat.

I have one and like it a lot. There's plenty of room, and I've stayed completely dry when it's rained. The vestibule holds a good deal of stuff, and as long as you don't need access from inside, the side opposite the door lets you store a lot, too... sort of like a detached garage, you have to go outside to get to it. It would be better if there were two doors, but for what it cost, I sure can't complain. I keep thinking about adding a zipper myself, but just haven't gotten that motivated. I'd get another one in a heartbeat.

I don't think you can beat the price considering the purpose it serves.

+1 on having a trekker, i love it. and i'm not convinced the weight savings is worth the cost unless you plan on thru hiking and are counting every gram. mine was a gift. i know alot of people prefer side entry these days, but its never really bothered me. my last tent was shires virga, now passed down to my son and still going strong

I have used all of the shelters in the Skyscape/Trekker series. Happy to answer any questions about any of them.

I posted photos of the next generation of the Skyscape X on my facebook page... check them out here.

I do agree with all of the comments above that the CF version of the Skyscape is expensive and is realistically 'makes sense' for those with large pocket books willing to spend 2x the cost to save what equates out to the weight of just a couple of swallows of water. Kinda need to be in the SUL world of hiking, or long distance UL hiking, to make cuben fiber justifiable - at least, that is my own feelings.

++ New Posts ++