Thread: sea sponge?

Default sea sponge?

hello!
    can anyone speak to having used sea sponges (in lieu of tampons) while hiking?
    http://gladrags.com/product/240/Jade...on-2-Pack.html
    thanks!

I'm male but some of of my women friends have done the sponge successfully, store it in between periods in a zip lock with some vinigar to disinfectet

Can't help it...

Thinking up all kinds of FUNNY scenarios where this could possibly come up in a male conversation.

To the OP, never heard of this. Will have to check it out.

But it is not a male conversation.. Where the hell is your head at ??

I use them at home and prefer them to my mooncup when I have access to running water, but they take quite a bit of water to get clean, so I use a mooncup on the trail instead. Also, you have to pay more attention to getting them really dry before storing them in a ziplock. If they stay warm and damp for too long, they can end up a little musty. I just find it easier to wipe out a cup than deal with sponges on the trail.

Quote Originally Posted by Special K View Post
    Can't help it...
    I bet you could if you tried just a little bit harder...

Quote Originally Posted by squeezebox View Post
    But it is not a male conversation.. Where the hell is your head at ??
    ***OUCH*** Not sure what that was about??? To answer your question, I am in the Female Forum. You weren't even in my funny scenario or I would have quoted you.

To the OP, I checked out the sea sponge link you provided. Really interesting! My only concern would be the lack of hygiene that exists on a very long hike. For example, I LOVE my Diva Cup. But, it did not work well for me on my extended hike last year. Due to the strenuousness of climbing and my "not as clean as I would like hands", the Diva Cup did not seat properly and was painful. I didn't have time to futz with it. At home and on short hikes, it is great! Again, this is just MY experience. I grew to like things fast and easy on the trail. Let us know what you decide.

On a side note, life is hard enough without a sense of humor and a little kindness. The day I lose one or both, I will be off the Internet. "Sharpness" is very overrated in my opinion. Just sayin"...

UGGHHH!!!! Why are there not spaces between my paragraphs!!!!

The comments on that site are hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Sierra2015 View Post
    The comments on that site are hilarious.
    Totally hilarious!!! Especially he lady that said it was like a cupcake!!

I started with a Diva cup. It leaked everytime. Also was hard to clean out and keep it clean. I switched to tampons with a plastic applicator so I wouldn't have to worry about germs 'down there'. I used zip lock bags for applicators and used tampons, and pads. They were placed in the trash in town or burned whenever there was a fire strong enough to burn them to ash (not the plastic part). I used antibacterial wet wipes to keep clean but during that time of the month its hard to keep clean without a shower.

++ New Posts ++