WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    PCT, Sheltowee, Pinhoti, LT , BMT, AT, SHT, CDT, TRT 10-K's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tiptoe View Post
    I'm a definite maybe. It just depends on timing and inclination; the introvert in me might find the hiker mobs too reminiscent of nyc at rush hour. Or I might attend the Whitetop Ramp Festival (http://www.mtrogersvfd-rs.com/ramp-festival) on May 18.
    As a fellow introvert I just want to thank you for hanging with me in Duncannon on July 4th a few years ago.

I'm planning on making the drive out all the way from LA for Trail Days this year. If anyone in the area, or en route, wants to carpool there, let me know! I'm excited to see who from the class of '13 makes it out.

Images

I will be showing my documentary at Trail Days May 15th 8:30 pm at the One Way building across from tent city. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwj...uBBCznQDy_QYsw

Next year, I'm going to TD's! Can't wait to meet up with everyone! Can all the Wber's walk in the parade with our usernames on a tee shirt? How awesome would that be?

Y'all should do it this year!

Cyber hikers,introverts and extroverts unite!!

Sorry to miss this year ,Terry7! Next year.

Registered User SawnieRobertson's Avatar
    Journal Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HikerMom58 View Post
    Next year, I'm going to TD's! Can't wait to meet up with everyone! Can all the Wber's walk in the parade with our usernames on a tee shirt? How awesome would that be?

Y'all should do it this year!

Cyber hikers,introverts and extroverts unite!!

Sorry to miss this year ,Terry7! Next year.
    You have got a great idea, HM. Only thing is that you gotta be there to implement it.
    You never know just what you can do until you realize you absolutely have to do it.
    --Salaun

I'm hoping to make it down there. I feel a bit strange as I haven't hiked much of the AT yet, I've just been planning and waiting to save up the money for my thru (hopefully not too far away). I'm hoping to meet a lot of awesome people and live through them while I'm stuck in this cubicle... is there a place that WBers will congregate at all or not really? I think it would be cool to put a face with some of the names I've been reading about for a while now.

Quote Originally Posted by SawnieRobertson View Post
    You have got a great idea, HM. Only thing is that you gotta be there to implement it.
    Yeah Sawnie, that's the problem with this year. I won't be there. But, I'll be hikin!

Quote Originally Posted by ihavea4 View Post
    I'm hoping to make it down there. I feel a bit strange as I haven't hiked much of the AT yet, I've just been planning and waiting to save up the money for my thru (hopefully not too far away). I'm hoping to meet a lot of awesome people and live through them while I'm stuck in this cubicle... is there a place that WBers will congregate at all or not really? I think it would be cool to put a face with some of the names I've been reading about for a while now.
    It doesn't matter that you haven't hiked much yet, ihavea4. If you love all things AT, you will love Trail Days.

We just need to put someone in charge of gathering all the Wber's in one place at a certain time during TD's . Crazy Larry's Hostel would be a good place to meet up. How bout it, TOW?

If I were going, I'd say everyone meet up at Crazy Larry's right after the hiker parade. Then, y'all could go down to the pavilion together as a group to watch the Hiker Talent Show. There's always at least one really good act.

Chin Music will be there grillin this year, right Chin?

I shall be there. Please be sure to say hi!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Follow My Hiking Adventures: http://www.youtube.com/SaraDhooma
    Or if you just like photos: http://instagram.com/scifi_sara

I'll be there as a vendor. It's my first trip to TDs and I'm really looking forward to it.

Registered User SawnieRobertson's Avatar
    Journal Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RockChucker30 View Post
    I'll be there as a vendor. It's my first trip to TDs and I'm really looking forwa

What product will you be selling or representing?
    You never know just what you can do until you realize you absolutely have to do it.
    --Salaun

Hikers are starting to arrive in groups already. Last weekend was the Damascus town wide yard sale, so some came for that even though there was some rain. Folks are heading out the Creeper Trail, SoBo and NoBo exit/entrances to the trail I've seen a few hammocks and tents starting to appear for those who are looking to camp a little quieter than tent city. The town has been preparing for weeks and it looks like it's going to be a great event once again!

PS: we've already had a few folks sign up for the Beard Bash Hairy Face Contest happening on Saturday.
    http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/show...ght=beard+bash
    Located in Downtown Damascus at the old Quincey's Pizza location at 132 W Laurel Street, on the AT. We're looking forward to serving you!

I have three spots open in my vehicle if anyone wants a ride.

"You will go out in joy and be led forth in peace;the mountains and hills will burst into song before you, and all the trees of the field will clap their hands."
    Isaiah 55:12

Tonight there are a large number of hikers coming back in, most hitching rides. These are thru's that were here last week or two. So nice of you all on here who are offering rides!
    Located in Downtown Damascus at the old Quincey's Pizza location at 132 W Laurel Street, on the AT. We're looking forward to serving you!

How many White Blaze hikers on this forum are coming to Trail Days?

I just ate at Blue Blaze two hours ago.
    Fear ridges that are depicted as flat lines on a profile map.

Just got home from my Daleville to Damascus section, and I have to say that TD was lots of fun. I was lucky enough to find space at Crazy Larry's and meet Teacher, Snacktime, FarmerChef, Mama Bear, and their family, and many more. Had a great time visiting the vendors' booths (I really, really need better rain gear). I didn't make the prom, though, on Saturday night. Maybe another time.

Northwestern, VA (outside of Harper's Ferry)
    Images

Tiptoe - I had such fun talking with you. Hopefully, we can catch up again sometime.

Ate at the Blue Blaze on Friday night, late, after hiking from 601 to 58 to finish up Virginia - FINALLY!!!! A great time this year with a great crew.
    2,000 miler. Still keepin' on keepin' on.

Peakbagger Extraordinaire The Solemates's Avatar

another great Traildays! Thanks to everyone who makes this happen every year!
    The only thing better than mountains, is mountains where you haven't been.

amongnature.blogspot.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++