WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Dehydrating Liquids (soups, nut milks, etc) in the Excalibur Dehydrator

This was quite a breakthrough for me last week, and excited to share. Opens up lots of possibilities with my dehydrating!

Demeter's Blog

Demeter's Video Channel

"What is a weed? A plant who's virtues have not yet been discovered" ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Good idea. Thanks for sharing!
    Merry 2012 AT blog
    "Not all those who wander are lost."

Hmmm, how easy is it to find Teflon fabric like that or could be we using sil?

Quote Originally Posted by The Old Boot View Post
    Hmmm, how easy is it to find Teflon fabric like that or could be we using sil?
    My bad! These are the Excalibur Paraflexx liners which ARE Silicone! Thanks for pointing that out to me!
    Demeter's Blog

Demeter's Video Channel

"What is a weed? A plant who's virtues have not yet been discovered" ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by Demeter View Post
    My bad! These are the Excalibur Paraflexx liners which ARE Silicone! Thanks for pointing that out to me!
    Thanks for that, it kinda looked like they were custom made for your dehydrator but I wasn't sure.

I have a L'Equipp which has the center donut so I'm going to have to make 1/2 size ones to fit.

Just wondering what the collective intelligence here thinks about using silnylon for the job.

Quote Originally Posted by The Old Boot View Post
    Thanks for that, it kinda looked like they were custom made for your dehydrator but I wasn't sure.

I have a L'Equipp which has the center donut so I'm going to have to make 1/2 size ones to fit.

Just wondering what the collective intelligence here thinks about using silnylon for the job.

Maybe be you could cut one of the Excalibur mats into fourths to fit around the donut?...

Do you mean the same silnylon gear bags and hammocks are made from?
    Demeter's Blog

Demeter's Video Channel

Parchment paper is pretty much designed for the job. If I remember correctly, it is silicone coated paper.
    Merry 2012 AT blog
    "Not all those who wander are lost."

Quote Originally Posted by Demeter View Post
    Maybe be you could cut one of the Excalibur mats into fourths to fit around the donut?...

Do you mean the same silnylon gear bags and hammocks are made from?
    Yes, the same silnylon. I have a supply of scraps after making my tarp and parcho and already have enough gear bags.

I might have to play with some of it to find out exactly how liquid repellant it is and how it cleans up after being used in the dehydrator. After all, what do I have to lose except a batch of whatever I try to dry!!

++ New Posts ++