WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

While I empathize with your complaint.

AND admit to being guilty of said problem.

DON'T BLAME ME -- BLAME THE SELLER.

Here is why:

Last time I bought something on-line, the seller offered my a $5 dollar discount on my next purchase, if I reviewed my current purchase within the next 15 days. I hadn't used the item, wasn't going to use the item, had zero idea if the item was good or bad, in was a gift I was going to give someone else in about three weeks. So I reviewed the item. Basally not saying anything other than the shipping was within the promised time and they did in fact ship the correct item. And I collected my $5 dollar coupon. But provided zero useful info other than the seller does in fact ship the stuff they offer for sale.
    Love people and use things; never the reverse.

Mt. Katahdin would be a lot quicker to climb if its darn access trail didn't start all the way down in Georgia.

That does add an insight I was not aware of. Thanks JT

Images

Quote Originally Posted by 4shot View Post
    So I am looking for a "car camper" tent. This is where my rant kicks in....in looking at reviews for gear, why do some many people feel obligated to "review" their new gear purchase when they have only set it up in the backyard on a sunny day or, in the case of boots, only worn them once to retrieve the mail, etc., etc. Or how great the back pack felt in the store (without any weight it.
    The same reason that when people ask questions in a forum like "how do I..." a certain portion of the forum responses are "why don't you google it?" Many people feel the need to contribute without actually having anything useful to say. In the above case, my answer is usually "google led me to this forum, moron".
    In the case of your tent issue, people want to be part of the crowd. "oh I have that tent! It works wonderfully! It comes right out the box and everything. Inspector 17 did an awesome job because everything was in the box. I'm even sending Ming Xaow a thank you note because I know it's hard working in a tent factory when you're 12."
    Please don't read my blog at theosus1.Wordpress.com
    "I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. Thank God for Search and Rescue" - Robert Frost (first edit).

Journal Entries

Some people just want a reason to post something with themselves in it on the internet.
    Crappy quasi-reviews work for them.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++