WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Thread: guacamole

Default guacamole

Anyone ever dehydrate it? I have seen it done on the internet, but I have not been successful
    Thanks

Eric

I would think there's too much fat in the avocado to keep well after dehydrating. Why not dehydrate salsa and the seasonings, plus onion and whatever else you put in there. Add a little water to rehydrate that part, add a single-serve pack of lemon or lime juice, and combine with a fresh avocado. I'll often carry an avocado for dinner the first night out.

I was interested in this as well since I dehydrate all my own stuff and would love to take guacamole on a trip.

I trust this womans' advice fully.

http://www.trailcooking.com/dehydrat...ant-guacamole/

Thank you Old Boot! Yes, you can dry it..but there is a trick or two to it And don't keep it long, due to the high fat.

I love carrying mini avo's on the trail and eating them right out of the shell as well - wrap in paper towels, in a pot to protect.
    Trail Cooking/FBC, Recipes, Gear and Beyond:
    Trail Cooking

I had no prob with dehydrating. The trick is to heat the mashed avocado with some lemon juice and any other herbs before you dehydrate. Will keep for a while...
    Demeter's Blog

Demeter's Video Channel

"What is a weed? A plant who's virtues have not yet been discovered" ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

I don't recall seeing avocados in the southern groceries!

++ New Posts ++