Default Section hiker looking for others to hike with

I am finding myself with 2-3 weeks between jobs. I want to hike a section, other than New England, I am up for whereever. ( I have hiked NE already).
    I am 49 and have hiked alot, not fast, but can go the distance.

So, I am open to suggestions. Anyone else ?
    Just ignore it

When are you planning to do your hike?

AT 4000+, LT, FHT, ALT Blissful's Avatar
    Journal Entries
    Images

Check out the AT section hiker group on Facebook also for possible buddies.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/179997858744135/

Hiking Blog
    AT NOBO and SOBO, LT, FHT, ALT
    Shenandoah NP Ridgerunner, Author, Speaker

I, too, am looking for section hiking partners. I don't have anything scheduled for next spring. Have you begun at Springer mountain yet? I'm up for just about anything. A week at a time for me, though. Lots of logistics to figure out in terms of transportation to and from and shuttles, etc, but I'm getting pretty good at figuring that stuff out. I guess we need to determine if we want to do a hike together in the spring. I'm not fast either, a little older than you, but can also go the distance. E-mail me if you want to pursue it: [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by speedbump View Post
    I am finding myself with 2-3 weeks between jobs. I want to hike a section, other than New England, I am up for whereever. ( I have hiked NE already).
    I am 49 and have hiked alot, not fast, but can go the distance.

So, I am open to suggestions. Anyone else ?

Hi Speedbump, I see that you originally posted this in April so it's probably way too late!! At any rate, if not, get in touch- I'm in MD and other than MD and some of Northern VA I still have lots of sections to do/see!! (I'm a 44 yo hiker- done some backpacking but would love to do more. Don't mind hiking alone but don't like camping solo!)

Hi Lovenature, I'm looking to do a section of the trail in October. Thinking 3-4 weeks but I'm flexible. I would like to find someone to at least start out on the trail with and like you, have a camping companion. I'm 29 and very active and really want to do a section of the AT. I would prefer to have a partner in terms of safety and hopefully a few jokes but am prepared to go alone. Let me know if you're keen to talk further.

Hi Fletchy- just tried to send you a message- let me know if you didn't get it- I'm not very good at using this feature!!

++ New Posts ++