WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default I have a winter palace cuben tarp

it has an 11ft ridgeline and 8 1/2ft width. How would, if you can, find a bug net,bath tub floor to match this tarp. Or is it even possible to do this? After looking for a new cuben tent it looks as though most have 2 or 3 components to them. If I could match up a floor and netting I could save some money. Any suggestions?

Images

You could buy a net tent from either Six Moon Designs or MLD and add a loop to your ridge to hook it too. Zpacks sells some adhesive backed loops.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Images

'Bearpaw' has some nice looking floors............I used theirs as a guide and made one out of a thick discount tarp. It isn't that heavy, and I have a Surplus military net.

Quote Originally Posted by canoe View Post
    it has an 11ft ridgeline and 8 1/2ft width. How would, if you can, find a bug net,bath tub floor to match this tarp. Or is it even possible to do this? After looking for a new cuben tent it looks as though most have 2 or 3 components to them. If I could match up a floor and netting I could save some money. Any suggestions?
    Contact Adam at Hammock Gear. I know he would be interested in the project.

Good Luck

Images

Canoe, I know I am not answering your question, but I use my Winter Palace with my WBBB Hammock. Love the combination. Love the coverage this tarp provides for only a few ounces.

Tried a hammock for over a year. Could not get comfortable. For me it was very uncomfortable. Had a wbbb xl. Sold it and my underquilt this past weekend. Thats why I am seeking alternatives now.

Default yama mountain gear

You should give Yamamountaingear.com a look. They have net tents that would work under your tarp. I have a Zpacks 8 1/2 X 11 cuben tarp and I bought a yama mountain gear 1.25 net tent to go with it. It's very light, well made and reasonably priced.

thanks for the help guys. if any one else has any other suggestions please share.

Since you are going back to the ground, maybe you could sell that massive tarp to finance a nice cuben shelter?

Quote Originally Posted by nastynate View Post
    Since you are going back to the ground, maybe you could sell that massive tarp to finance a nice cuben shelter?
    I wonder about that too. Although, the amount of room under a big tarp is a great luxury. And the ability to create closed ends or leave them wide open if it is hot is great. I have seen several of the recommended net tents and all are good. Bearpaw's options might be the most economical. Biggest problem with this combo is the fact it is a stake nightmare! At least a dozen.
    Could you tolerate a bug bivy? http://borahgear.com/bugbivy.html Wouldn't help except while sleeping, but possible option. I also made one of these. http://www.sixmoondesigns.com/suppor...teor-bivy.html For a while he sold them. I saw one in the FS section.

Some good inner options with Oooworks... http://www.oookworks.com/products.html

++ New Posts ++