WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Any women with the Zpacks Arc Blast?

Hello Ultralighters,

I'm wondering if any women have tried the arc blast. I'm debating between the ULA Ohm 2.0 in cuben fiber or the ZPacks Arc Blast.

ULA Ohm
    Pros: I've heard its very comfortable, plus I really like the s-shaped straps feature
    cons: weighs way more than the arc blast. (I'm guessing it will be around 20-22 oz in cuben fiber)

Arc Blast
    Pros: I like the idea of the curved frame that sits away from the back> I am a very hot hiker. Weighs practically nothing. Insanely customizable.
    Cons: Maybe too lightweight>? Not enough support? No s-strap options.

Do any ladies have experience with the arc blast and can you attest to the comfortability?

Section Hiker

This may not be of any help at all, but I ran into a late thru-hiking gal in her mid-20's last week in GA who had a Zpacks pack--not sure which one. She was busting out 20+ miles a day and didn't seem to have any complaints. I was impressed. She also had a Zpacks cuben tarp tent.

"Your comfort zone is a beautiful place, but nothing ever grows there.
    "

Nice! good to know. thanks.

I haven't used one myself, but the Arc Blast was very popular last year on the PCT among both men and women

I use an Arc Blast and I love it. Two other current female thru hikers ordered one after trying mine on!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Follow My Hiking Adventures: http://www.youtube.com/SaraDhooma
    Or if you just like photos: http://instagram.com/scifi_sara

Sara,

Did you finish your thru hike or did you have to get off the trail?
    https://tinyurl.com/MyFDresults

A vigorous five-mile walk will do more good for an unhappy but otherwise healthy adult than all the medicine and psychology in the world. ~Paul Dudley White

ZPacks might make s-curve shoulder straps for you.

I like s-curve shoulder straps. I know I would like to see that an option.

Images

I have used my Arcblast for a year and absolutely love it! You do need to carefully measure for torso length. I think Joe can actually make it somewhat adjustable in torso length. I think Connie is right. He will make you curved shoulder straps. You can pretty much order the pack with whatever you can think of. Joe will even cut down the stays a bit, although I did not think this was necessary. You can order it with narrower shoulder straps also. I did not feel that was necessary for me. The straps are 2 1/2 inches wide as the default width.
    I ordered mine with a 17 inch torso length. Only issue I have is that I can't wear a wide-brimmed hat without it hitting the back of the pack, but I can certainly deal with that. I have carried up to 30 pounds in my 45 liter pack for short distances (water sherpa). Pack is comfy and I don't sweat to death in the heat.

Just email Joe at Z-packs with what your needs are. He will work with you.
    Give Me Mountains & I Am Happy!

Images

As an aside, I also have the Ohm 2.0. It is larger, so I use it for bulkier loads (it carries about the same recommended weight as the Arcblast). It is very comfortable and adjustable. It took me a couple of adjustments to dial in the torso length, but that was all. I can recommend either pack. I have carried the Ohm with 22 pounds in it. It was heavier than I usually carry, but not uncomfortable.
    Give Me Mountains & I Am Happy!

++ New Posts ++