WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Clueless Weekender
    Journal Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Don H View Post
    So hiking naked would be considered indecent exposure which is a violation of law in every state the AT passes through.

Has anyone ever been arrested or fined for this?
    I understand that at one time they would try to catch those mooning the Cog on Mt. Washington and issue fines.
    It is unclear in many states whether nudity per se is indecent. Vermont, for instance, prohibits only "open and gross lewdness and lascivious behaviour", and simple nudity, for instance to swim or to change clothes, does not rise to that standard. Unless the intent is to shock, offend or arouse, a complaint is unlikely to be sustained there.

In the National Forest surrounding the Cog, Federal rules govern, and the NPS has a regulation forbidding nudity; that's how 'mooning the Cog' defendants were prosecuted. As I've said before, if I were ever to attempt to follow that tradition, I think that I'd applique a large crescent moon upon my baselayer, and drop my trousers while exposing only my contempt.
    I always know where I am. I'm right here.

Clueless Weekender
    Journal Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Just Bill View Post
    A kilt is ...
    ... so called because it's what you'll get if you call it a skirt in front of a Highlander.
    I always know where I am. I'm right here.

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Wolf View Post
    folks like that ain't free thinkers
    Agree...I forget the saying, somethin somethin, doot dee do, always paddle your own Canoe.

I like the way the invisible man did it, that to me is acceptable, with some care takin as folks draw near, and remaining perpendicular to on lookers.
    Last edited by rocketsocks; 06-20-2014 at 18:41.

Images

There are some places where's it's celebrated and encouraged, just not as much on the AT
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_3470810.html

Have fun and shake that boot-tae!!!!

You know there is a trend now to do naked "reality" TV shows. There's naked dating, naked survival, naked real estate. How could you fail with a TV show about naked short people, polygamist, Amish hikers who want to redecorate a shelter and buy a wedding dress!

Quote Originally Posted by Odd Man Out View Post
    You know there is a trend now to do naked "reality" TV shows. There's naked dating, naked survival, naked real estate. How could you fail with a TV show about naked short people, polygamist, Amish hikers who want to redecorate a shelter and buy a wedding dress!
    crazy ain't it....I like the naked and afriad show, not an avid watcher, but that sure adds an element to the participants ability to weather storms and exposure, One fella got so sun burned, there setting was on a beach. In another episode the two were in an area flooded with rain and more rain on the way....21 days of pure uncomfortable, I would last that long under those conditions. Most of the time like day one or two they fashion lion clothes and a coconut bra or something.

Now, the real estate show...Bahhhhh Daft.....and Naked Dating, whatever happened to modesty and anticipation...clothes make the man/women....ridiculous with a capital "What the"

Quote Originally Posted by rocketsocks View Post
    crazy ain't it....I like the naked and afriad show, not an avid watcher, but that sure adds an element to the participants ability to weather storms and exposure, One fella got so sun burned, there setting was on a beach. In another episode the two were in an area flooded with rain and more rain on the way....21 days of pure uncomfortable, I wouldn't last that long under those conditions. Most of the time like day one or two they fashion lion clothes and a coconut bra or something.

Now, the real estate show...Bahhhhh Daft.....and Naked Dating, whatever happened to modesty and anticipation...clothes make the man/women....ridiculous with a capital "What the"
    wouldn't................ugh!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
++ New Posts ++