WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Looking for hikers who completed the CT in 2012

Hey, lately I have had Springer Fever hard, and I have been wondering what happened to a few hikers who I ran into on the trail. Two were going by the trail name's Hatman and Happy Feet, we hiked together off and on for a few days around Creede, Colorado, and also I am looking for Hollywood and Train, hiked together off and on from Leadville until after Salida. Just wondering if anyone knows these people, I always wondered if they finished and how it went for them. All were heading Southbound, sorry if this is the wrong place for this kind of stuff. Also, Bruce from Kansas. I meet him on Day 1 right at the start of the trail, and never saw him again. He was hiking much faster than I was.

I was going by the Trail Name "Dick Darlington"

Quote Originally Posted by Dobbins View Post
    Hey, lately I have had Springer Fever hard, and I have been wondering what happened to a few hikers who I ran into on the trail. Two were going by the trail name's Hatman and Happy Feet, we hiked together off and on for a few days around Creede, Colorado, and also I am looking for Hollywood and Train, hiked together off and on from Leadville until after Salida. Just wondering if anyone knows these people, I always wondered if they finished and how it went for them. All were heading Southbound, sorry if this is the wrong place for this kind of stuff. Also, Bruce from Kansas. I meet him on Day 1 right at the start of the trail, and never saw him again. He was hiking much faster than I was.

Happy Feet is on WhiteBlaze and I believe Hat Man may have joined more recently as well. Look her up and send a PM.

On the CT Foundation website, kinda buried under Trip Planning, is a list of CT Completers year by year ... following link. All 4 of the hikers you ran into on the trail are listed along with their (non)trail names.

http://www.coloradotrail.org/completers.html

One more thing, "Damn glad to meet ya."

I flip flopped from Salida to Durango and Salida to Denver in OCT 2012. I actually started the last wk of Sept like Sept 28. I got done the second week of Nov taking oodles of "zeros/neros"(must of had 15-18 total, I didn't keep track), summitting 4 14ers, and basically seeing what I could see thinking I didn't have much time to spare before I got seriously dumped on with the white stuff. I may have been the last one on the CT in 2012 because I knew of no one behind me. I think I met Hollywood and Train very early on going NOBO. I asked about what kind of hike they were doing(NOBO?) and, if I'm recalling correctly, they said they were doing something funky as far as a hike, flip flopping around some mostly going SOBO but doing the section I met them on going NOBO. I passed Coach and Mrs Parkay just south of Tennessee Pass/Leadville stopping to talk to them going SOBO on their CDT thru-hikes and just missed Yogi doing her CDT SOBO(her second, and a follow up to her her AT thru she did earlier in the yr).

Quote Originally Posted by On Track View Post
    On the CT Foundation website, kinda buried under Trip Planning, is a list of CT Completers year by year ... following link. All 4 of the hikers you ran into on the trail are listed along with their (non)trail names.

http://www.coloradotrail.org/completers.html

I saw this list, but as far as I can tell there is no way to get in touch with them. They just list their names and trail names and that they finished. No emails, etc. I was hoping to reach out.

Thank you, done!

of Hatman and Happy Feet GAME '01 Happy Feet's Avatar
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Dobbins View Post

Hello! This is Happy Feet. Hatman and I did finish the trail. What a beautiful trail it was. And Hatman and I know about Springer Fever!! Some years the 'fever' is worse than others! Would love to talk to you about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Feet View Post
    Hello! This is Happy Feet. Hatman and I did finish the trail. What a beautiful trail it was. And Hatman and I know about Springer Fever!! Some years the 'fever' is worse than others! Would love to talk to you about it.
    Happy Feet, check your Private Messages, I just sent you one!

On the CT completer application there was the check box to allow the CTF to release your contact information to inquiring users. You might be able to contact them that way.

Quote Originally Posted by iquack08 View Post
    On the CT completer application there was the check box to allow the CTF to release your contact information to inquiring users. You might be able to contact them that way.
    Wow, I had no idea! Thank you for letting me know.

++ New Posts ++