WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Registered User Teacher & Snacktime's Avatar
    Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by RED-DOG View Post
    OH not this CRAP again, these people needs to learn if they want to hike the AT they need to get a job, cause all they are trying to do is get some one else to fund their thru-hike, Didn't we go through this last year.
    Reread the OP.....no hike involved.

It is this sort of uninformed attack that gives WB a bad name in the online community.
    "Maybe life isn't about avoiding the bruises. Maybe it's about collecting the scars to prove we showed up for it."

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky&Jack View Post
    It's more that she kinda became a stain on the trail community. She seems to exploit it and bring no good to it.

... for us hikers, we see jennifer pharr davis as that person who we are mostly tired of hearing about.
    That's neither fair nor accurate. Speak for yourself, dude.
    -tagg

Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by tagg View Post
    +1 Ricky, on behalf of almost every hiker I've ever encountered, you've got this one completely wrong. She's the trail's sweetheart, and hugely respected.
    "Maybe life isn't about avoiding the bruises. Maybe it's about collecting the scars to prove we showed up for it."

Ricky and his Husky Jack
    Images

I was quoting someone word-for-word after I posted in a thread when i met her.

I liked meeting her. But several members got onto me for bragging about it.

That was a quote from another member and backed up by 4 others who continued.

Ofcourse theres no way ANYBODY can have the same reaction to every member. I know that.
    Me: Ricky
    Husky: Jack
    Skeeter-Beeter Pro Hammock.
    From Dalton, Georgia (65 mi above Altanta, 15mi south of Chattanooga)

Ricky and his Husky Jack
    Images

and yes, I pledged to this kickstarted twice. and got 3 family members to pledge.

Journal Entries
    Images

The AT has all kinds of legends and personalities in its culture. Some are famous and some are infamous. Some are known for their one-time accomplishments while others for their ongoing contributions. Some are commercial; some are educational; some are just plain colorful. Of course not everyone is going to agree on the importance, or legitimacy of these personalities. We all have our "hot button topics" that will idolize or villainize these folks. The important thing to remember is that they are ultimately just people, and that there is actually someone with feelings to be hurt by your criticism.

Please be sure you're nothing but sincere and justified before you attack.

Ricky and his Husky Jack
    Images

like I said. I like Jenn. I met her. And had her sign a book for me.

I am team jenn.
    Last edited by Ricky&Jack; 07-25-2014 at 14:06.

Sniffle. I wasn't trying to change your quote. I just don't know how to quote one of your sentences, comment on it, and then quote another sentence from the same post and comment on that, too. At least not in the same post.

"I was quoting someone word-for-word after I posted in a thread when I met her. I liked meeting her. But several members got onto me for bragging about it. That was a quote from another member and backed by 4 others who continued."

Again...speak for yourself, dude.
    -tagg

Sniffle. I wasn't trying to change your quote. I just don't know how to quote one of your sentences, comment on it, and then quote another sentence from the same post and comment on that, too. At least not in the same post.

"I was quoting someone word-for-word after I posted in a thread when I met her. I liked meeting her. But several members got onto me for bragging about it. That was a quote from another member and backed by 4 others who continued."

Again...speak for yourself, dude.
    When you reply with quote, you'll notice the post selected has the word quote in brackets at the beginning and /quote inside brackets at the end. All the words in between the two quote statements will be quoted. The / and the brackets [ ] are needed syntax. Frequently posters accidentally erase the very last bracket. You can break the post up by adding new sets of quote commands, copy or type them out. If you go to the Advanced reply, there is a quote balloon icon. You can highlight and hit that or hit it and type inside the two quote statements.
    "Sleepy alligator in the noonday sun
    Sleepin by the river just like he usually done
    Call for his whisky
    He can call for his tea
    Call all he wanta but he can't call me..."
    Robert Hunter & Ron McKernan

Whiteblaze.net User Agreement.

Quote Originally Posted by Alligator View Post
    When you reply with quote, you'll notice the post selected has the word quote in brackets at the beginning and /quote inside brackets at the end. All the words in between the two quote statements will be quoted. The / and the brackets [ ] are needed syntax. Frequently posters accidentally erase the very last bracket. You can break the post up by adding new sets of quote commands, copy or type them out. If you go to the Advanced reply, there is a quote balloon icon. You can highlight and hit that or hit it and type inside the two quote statements.
    Thanks, Alligator! I'll try that next time, although I guess it won't be on one of Ricky's posts
    -tagg

I'm very curious to know who honestly considers her a stain on the trail community. She's dedicated large portions of her life to being an ambassador for getting people educated about the trail and spending time outside in a low impact manner. By all accounts she's a very genuine, down to earth friendly person. If you've got a real beef with her, it would be far more productive to actually discuss the particular issue rather than simply referring to her as a stain on the community.

Ricky and his Husky Jack
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by CalebJ View Post
    I'm very curious to know who honestly considers her a stain on the trail community. She's dedicated large portions of her life to being an ambassador for getting people educated about the trail and spending time outside in a low impact manner. By all accounts she's a very genuine, down to earth friendly person. If you've got a real beef with her, it would be far more productive to actually discuss the particular issue rather than simply referring to her as a stain on the community.

Stain = permanent fixture.

NOT a bad thing. NOT meant as an insult as a bad thing.

No. That's an absolutely laughable comeback.

A stain in this context is a blight. A sore spot. Something that you want to get rid of.

Ricky and his Husky Jack
    Images

well Im sorry if thats how it came off. I did not mean it as negative... I believe I even said "a stain in the community and not in a bad way" or something.

I didn't mean "stain" as a bad thing. And I pretty much probably never in my life said it as a bad thing. But I do see what you meant.(Even though I said it was not a bad thing and even said in 4 posts that I like her.) But I did not mean it as a bad thing.

Not one hour ago I was driving down the road and faced once again with a big decision that required spit second timing, nano even...speed up to beat the Yellow light, or slow down and take the Red. For years now I've opted to take it slower rather than speed and slice through a yellow, and that skill has kept me well...perhaps those techniques I could apply here in order to help me be a better poster.

Ricky and his Husky Jack
    Images

Yeah, i need to stop standing up for you and quoting you, RocketSocks. It gets people onto me.

You nice stain on this community. lol

And just to add on, growing up in california our "principal" was called "the school stain" that was the actual TITLE of the job. We didn't have "principal" until 8th grade. Because the "stain" was the permanent representative of the school. and we had constables (Not cops) and the leader is called a "stain" as well. So don't tell me what I meant. I already told you I liked jenn and even when i said 'stain' i said 'not a bad thing' IMMEDIATELY following it.

Jenn is a stain to the trail = Jenn is like our ambassador/representative.

I like jenn. i like the work she does.

Now let it go.
    Last edited by Ricky&Jack; 07-25-2014 at 15:53.

Yeah, i need to stop standing up for you and quoting you, RocketSocks. It gets people onto me.

Dude I am a stain, thanks Ricky, No worries. I'm 51 years old and can't blame anyone else for the things I do or say. You are allowed to change your mind, redefine your position, or articulate and idea further, but we all have to be willing to take responsibility for our own actions. I won't apologize for what I've said about exploitation, that i stand by, I think I've made my point as clear as can be about that one, but I will apologize for steering the thread in the first place, but then again others don't have to follow anyone's lead here. I enjoy being an individual, and taking responsibility for myself, it's often a full time job

And just to add on, growing up in california our "principal" was called "the school stain" that was the actual TITLE of the job. We didn't have "principal" until 8th grade. Because the "stain" was the permanent representative of the school. and we had constables (Not cops) and the leader is called a "stain" as well. So don't tell me what I meant. I already told you I liked jenn and even when i said 'stain' i said 'not a bad thing' IMMEDIATELY following it.

Jenn is a stain to the trail = Jenn is like our ambassador/representative.

I like jenn. i like the work she does.

Now let it go.
    ...because I'm following the thread, I know who your taking to.

...the mood is right for a Friday night smack downrotflmao.gif

Ricky and his Husky Jack
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by rocketsocks View Post
    ...the mood is right for a Friday night smack downrotflmao.gif
    Even though IM THE ORIGINAL POSTER and I posted this BECAUSE I DONATED and because I WANT TO SPREAD THE WORD SO OTHERS CAN DONATE, people are complaining and getting onto me for being NEGATIVE.... It's funny. Because I meant nothing negative.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
++ New Posts ++