WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Mother and 4-year-old twins hiking half of Appalachian Trail - Roanoke Times

Mother and 4-year-old twins hiking half of Appalachian Trail
    Roanoke Times
    Lisa Murray of Naples, Fla., and her 4-year-old twins Cole (left) and Tess have completed more than 700 miles of the Appalachian trail together. Their plan is to log more than 1,000 miles, ending in Harpers Ferry, W.Va., before taking the train home.

More...

Yikes! 60 pound pack!

20 pounds per person is lighter than many folks carry. 60 pounds for one person is not unreasonable either. It all depends on where you are going, season, etc.
    I, on the other hand, am way way past being able to live with 2 4 year olds 24/7. I'm not sure that I ever was. Grinning.
    All the best to the three of them.

Wayne

Sent from somewhere around here.
    Eddie Valiant: "That lame-brain freeway idea could only be cooked up by a toon."
    https://wayne-ayearwithbigfootandbubba.blogspot.com
    FlickrMyBookTwitSpaceFace

Quote Originally Posted by Venchka View Post
    20 pounds per person is lighter than many folks carry. 60 pounds for one person is not unreasonable either. It all depends on where you are going, season, etc.
    I, on the other hand, am way way past being able to live with 2 4 year olds 24/7. I'm not sure that I ever was. Grinning.
    All the best to the three of them.

Wayne

+1 on the 60 lb pack walk in the park vs. the energy required to take care of two 4 four year olds, but, it's what Moms do...dads too.

My daughter, an only child, earns my respect more every day as I watch her four children grow into caring, responsible, wonderful people. She did not learn parenting from me. Smiling.

Wayne

Eddie Valiant: "That lame-brain freeway idea could only be cooked up by a toon."

My daughter, an only child, earns my respect more every day as I watch her four children grow into caring, responsible, wonderful people. She did not learn parenting from me. Smiling.

Wayne

what a nice sentiment...I would suggest though, she Likely did.

Thank you. I give her Mom all of the credit.

Wayne

Thank you. I give her Mom all of the credit.

Wayne

That's what I'd do to.

Stopped at Blue Dog Art Cafe yesterday and met Cary Segall. He actually wrote the original article which is posted here:
    http://thelegalgeeks.com
    Trillium

My wife met her last week. I can't remember where she said she talked to her though. She said she was thin as a whip. Wow, been along time since I carried that much weight on my back. Does she have a journal somewhere?

"You will go out in joy and be led forth in peace;the mountains and hills will burst into song before you, and all the trees of the field will clap their hands."
    Isaiah 55:12

Registered User 2015 Lady Thru-Hiker's Avatar
    Journal Entries

Just finished a weekend with my 4 year old granddaughter and 2 year old grandson and that nearly wore me out. Couldn't imagine trying to hike with them. I probably only get 4 miles a day, if that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ““Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees....” ― John Muir

Quote Originally Posted by 2015 Lady Thru-Hiker View Post
    Just finished a weekend with my 4 year old granddaughter and 2 year old grandson and that nearly wore me out. Couldn't imagine trying to hike with them. I probably only get 4 miles a day, if that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Way to go Grandmom, you rock!

Quote Originally Posted by Trillium View Post
    Stopped at Blue Dog Art Cafe yesterday and met Cary Segall. He actually wrote the original article which is posted here:
    http://thelegalgeeks.com
    Wish I would have known you were in the area. It would have been nice to have met you.

Lost Acoustic Blues
    (clickable)

Section Hiker

Sadly, the Roanoke Times stole this story from reporter Cary Segall, who is thru hiking NOBO and hiked with the mom and twins for a day and a half, getting to know them and becoming friends in preps for writing their story. Cary and I became friends when I picked him up for a hitch into Gatlinburg in June. Cary is a terrific person and a great writer, and I'm hoping the paper at least apologizes for their unethical behavior.

"Your comfort zone is a beautiful place, but nothing ever grows there.
    "

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteBlaze View Post

Mother and 4-year-old twins hiking half of Appalachian Trail
    Roanoke Times
    Lisa Murray of Naples, Fla., and her 4-year-old twins Cole (left) and Tess have completed more than 700 miles of the Appalachian trail together. Their plan is to log more than 1,000 miles, ending in Harpers Ferry, W.Va., before taking the train home.

More...
    So who's tougher, Mama Bear or Anish? Both impress me to death.
    "It's fun to have fun, but you have to know how." ---Dr. Seuss

Images

My son & I were camping at Tye River Saturday night. Mama Bear and the kids came in about 7p to set up camp by the river. We chatted for a bit. Thunderstorms all night but stopped before morning.

I have a great grand boy that will be 3 in Sept. Cannot imagine taking him hiking very far, although he loves being outdoors. I think its great for her to take on the trail with her 2 kids.
    Grey Ghost

Quote Originally Posted by Grey Ghost View Post
    I have a great grand boy that will be 3 in Sept. Cannot imagine taking him hiking very far, although he loves being outdoors. I think its great for her to take on the trail with her 2 kids.
    ya know Grey Ghost, for them little ones, and walk in the park with pop pop can seem like a thru-hike filled with grand adventures...every time.

Journal Entries
    Images

Just being honest. Sounds like she is looking for baby sitters. Free ones.

++ New Posts ++