WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Thread: Bartram Trail

Default Bartram Trail

Hey All!

I recently discovered Bartram Trail and I plan to do some day hiking to explore the area. I know GA portion is more or less 37 miles, but I was wondering if anyone else has hiked it (day, section, thru, or otherwise).

Any trip reports to share? Any thoughts? Things I should consider?

I plan to overnight hike GA trail head on 28 to Warwoman dell soon. Any advice? Weird Trail paths? How well marked? I may not have trail guide for this initial overnight hike.

Anyone start at the GA trailhead and gone to SC. I hear it meets up with foothills trail, another trail I hope to section hike this year.

Thoughts, concerns?

Thanks All!

I just found this which is massively helpful.

http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/show...-Bartram-Trail

Big thank you for Brawny!!!

Images

It's worth buying the nat geo trails illustrated maps for that area and all the others for the southeast...it will give you new trip ideas, help you on your current trip planning, learning the names of places, and of course can help get you out in an emergency. bacon!
    See ya when I get there.

Peakbagger Extraordinaire The Solemates's Avatar

I've hiked all of the Bartram, starting in SC, through GA, and NC. Its a great, little used trail. Some parts were overgrown when I hiked it, but route finding was not difficult. I hitched a ride for the roadwalk near Franklin, NC, and I actually stopped at NOC. stopping just short of Cheoah at NOC ensured a ride for me, and it seemed like a more logical stopping point and fit my schedule. i've also hiked the foothills trail 4 times and highly recommend that hike as well.

I'd suggest doing both of these hikes in the fall when the weather is nice. It can get too hot for my comfort in the summer.

I've always wanted to hike from my hometown of Greenville, SC to the AT. You can do that with only minor roadwalking connecting the Swamp Rabbit Trail, Baptist Camp, Hospital Rock, Jones Gap, Caesar's Head, Foothills Trail, Bartram Trail, and AT.
    The only thing better than mountains, is mountains where you haven't been.

amongnature.blogspot.com

++ New Posts ++