WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Knockoff Nalgene mini on the cheap!!!

I personally own 2 of these and when I received them,I ordered 2 more in the clear black color right away. These are exactly (In terms of initial quality,materials,and clarity of the BPA free plastic) like a nalgene "mini" (160z) and in fact,it appears to have just slightly less flex to the bottle which I like.

The pic here is of my nalgene mini (11.99) side by side with the knockoff. Ive got no complaints thus far and the only thing the nalgene has on this bottle,is the larger opening.However the opening on the knockoff is actually wider than a narrow mouth nalgene and at around $2.50 delivered,its quite a deal+ I have a kick a$$ bottle,that surely no one else on the trail will have.
    P7290385.jpgP7290382.jpg
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Portable-Lea...item338d97385a

Long story short,$2.50 delivered.Took about 10 days to get from China,but well worth it.

Images

Thanks cyclops. Great prices for lots of kinds of stuff. I got a couple fake nalgenes and a heart rate monitor ($9.25 incl shipping). http://www.ebay.com/itm/200715821357

Quote Originally Posted by Snowleopard View Post
    Thanks cyclops. Great prices for lots of kinds of stuff. I got a couple fake nalgenes and a heart rate monitor ($9.25 incl shipping). http://www.ebay.com/itm/200715821357
    Excellent!!!

THat watch looks nice ,especially for the price,jeez! Let me know what you think after you try it out please.

Ordered a couple of red flashers for bikes from a Chinese distributor on EBay. Got them for $1.13 each, postpaid. Saw them in a catalog for $15.00/each ! It did take a few weeks to arrive, but the $27.74 savings was worth the wait.
    Last edited by atraildreamer; 08-03-2014 at 18:21.

"To make an end is to make a beginning. The end is where we start from." - T.S. Eliot

Quote Originally Posted by atraildreamer View Post
    Ordered a couple of red flashers for bikes from a Chinese distributor on EBay. Got them for $1.13 each, postpaid. Saw them in a catalog for $15.00/each ! It did take a few weeks to arrive, but the $27.74 savings was worth the wait.
    Heck yeah! Now dont get me wrong,I have been burned a few times on "knockoffs"on ebay,but you can find great stuff if you keep your eyes open.

Looks like a good deal. I tried knockoff Nalgene style bottles. Didn't have a lot of luck out of them. The most interesting failure was when I poured boiling water in one (image below). Have you tried this with yours? Would probably order if I knew it would hold up.

Images

Matt65, that's pretty funny. I'll report back on my bottles and heart rate monitor when they get here.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt65 View Post
    Looks like a good deal. I tried knockoff Nalgene style bottles. Didn't have a lot of luck out of them. The most interesting failure was when I poured boiling water in one (image below). Have you tried this with yours? Would probably order if I knew it would hold up.

Jiminy!!!!!!!!! LOL damn man,you killed it!!!! No I have not,to be honest the "mini",even the real deal,isnt as stout or thick as a full size nalgene.All I can tell you is that its tritan and it seems just the slightest bit thicker than a full size nalgene...but for 2.50 a pop,I suppose I could try.
    BTW,the one that you sent to the graveyard,was it thick/hard like a real nalgene? If you notice yopu can buy some knockoffs and the look the same till you get them in your hand,then they have flex to them.A real nalgene you cant squeeze.Just curious.

EDIT^^^^^^I meant"The slightest bit thicker than a mini nalgene",as the mini has just the slightest flex or squeeze to it.

Quote Originally Posted by thecyclops View Post
    Heck yeah! Now don't get me wrong,I have been burned a few times on "knockoffs"on ebay,but you can find great stuff if you keep your eyes open.
    I have been amazed by the price markup on many items found in traditional "brick & mortar" stores. One example: I wanted a battery for a glucose tester for my wife. They wanted $7 for it at WallyWorld...found them on-line for 30 cents each. I know that traditional stores have a lot of overhead, but they seem to be gouging the customer on a lot of products.

Lots of reputable sellers on the web offer quality products at a good price, plus I save the cost of gas to travel to and from the store.

"To make an end is to make a beginning. The end is where we start from." - T.S. Eliot

Quote Originally Posted by atraildreamer View Post
    I have been amazed by the price markup on many items found in traditional "brick & mortar" stores. One example: I wanted a battery for a glucose tester for my wife. They wanted $7 for it at WallyWorld...found them on-line for 30 cents each. I know that traditional stores have a lot of overhead, but they seem to be gouging the customer on a lot of products.

Lots of reputable sellers on the web offer quality products at a good price, plus I save the cost of gas to travel to and from the store.
    I feel the same way.Plus I can shop naked,the same way I post in this forum

The only concern and it is a minor one, is that sometimes when you order products that are coming in from China, they can be held up in port. You will get a refund but it can take a couple of months some times. As long as they aren't explicitly labeled knock offs (think Beats headphones) you should be fine

Quote Originally Posted by AfghanVet View Post
    The only concern and it is a minor one, is that sometimes when you order products that are coming in from China, they can be held up in port. You will get a refund but it can take a couple of months some times. As long as they aren't explicitly labeled knock offs (think Beats headphones) you should be fine
    LOL-Well to be honest,the beats knockoffs cant be any worse than the real beats.Hands down the most over priced headphones on the market.Buy a set of sony "studio pro" for around $50 and blows beats away.
    http://www.amazon.com/Sony-MDR-V55-B...dio+headphones

That Chinese bottle is just another clear resin water bottle.
    I don't know why "knock off" is used here at all since there is no pretence on the part of the Chinese bottle to look like a Nalgene.
    A knock off (copy) is a product that intends to fool the buyer into thinking he is buying another brand.
    Now if on the other hand you think that Nalgene is the only brand that sells clear resins or has a copyright on the idea , well that is not the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    That Chinese bottle is just another clear resin water bottle.
    I don't know why "knock off" is used here at all since there is no pretence on the part of the Chinese bottle to look like a Nalgene.
    A knock off (copy) is a product that intends to fool the buyer into thinking he is buying another brand.
    Now if on the other hand you think that Nalgene is the only brand that sells clear resins or has a copyright on the idea , well that is not the case.
    Yeah...........I w3as gonna post "Clear resin plastic tritan bottle,similar to nalgenes type bottles for a good price" but didnt have quite the same ring to it...
    Nitpicking.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by thecyclops View Post
    I feel the same way.Plus I can shop naked,the same way I post in this forum
    That is an image that will take a while to clear from my brain!

Images

The watch got here a few days ago (10 days from China). As a fairly basic watch it's OK (time, alarm, stop watch).
    The heart rate monitor seems accurate but not tremendously useful. The way it works, you do a couple button presses then place your finger on a sensor. For me it's not a lot easier than taking my pulse manually. It seems accurate. The calorie counter feature also doesn't seem useful to me (it's based on pulse rate, so works if you're exercising at constant effort, constant pulse).
    So, bottom line is it's useful as a basic watch and useful as a pulse monitor if you don't like doing it manually. I think you can find a basic digital watch cheaper at discount stores.
    The bottles haven't gotten here yet.

The watch got here a few days ago (10 days from China). As a fairly basic watch it's OK (time, alarm, stop watch).
    The heart rate monitor seems accurate but not tremendously useful. The way it works, you do a couple button presses then place your finger on a sensor. For me it's not a lot easier than taking my pulse manually. It seems accurate. The calorie counter feature also doesn't seem useful to me (it's based on pulse rate, so works if you're exercising at constant effort, constant pulse).
    So, bottom line is it's useful as a basic watch and useful as a pulse monitor if you don't like doing it manually. I think you can find a basic digital watch cheaper at discount stores.
    The bottles haven't gotten here yet.
    Sweet,Im prob gonna spring for the watch.I got the black bottles I ordered and I came in slightly dented on the bottom/side.Doesnt affect anything ,just looks,well,not new.I emailed the seller and they gave me refund and didnt even ask for a pic But I do want one that is exactly as it is supposed to be,so Im ordering a new one.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
++ New Posts ++