WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default I completed the JMT Aug 9th- I'm writing about it now

I'm currently writing up some posts for my 15 day JMT trip. Here's the links for day one and two. I will also be writing reviews of the gear I used. Hope this helps those planning to hike it in the future!

Awesome, when someone says what they are going to do, and then DOES IT! I'm so glad that you got back to us after the hike. How did the Wild Oasis work for you? I thought it would be perfect for YOUR JMT thru-hike. Were you able to ramp up your MPD at some pt IF you wanted like I thought you might be able? Pics. Where's the pics. Did you go stoveless as you wanted? How'd that trail food diet with the foods you posted you'd be nosing at your site keep your energy and health up? I'll blog at your site too.

The hike went really well! I went 1/2 stoveless. Crazy story I'll get into later on my blog. My MTR resupply came in empty (they think it's mail fraud) and I ended up hiking with a few people a few days before that had way too much food anyway(they planned 21 days and ended up doing 16). The Wild Oasis worked well. Had some issues a few nights with setting it up. It takes practice. I actually finished a whole day faster than I anticipated and still had some multi hour lunch breaks, went swimming, and even took a half day at the hot springs! It was supposed to be a zero day, but we got bored and needed to hike! Pics are on the blog with much more coming as I write about each day!

Images

Very cool, thanks for sharing! I'll read it all when you post.

Tell us: Is or is-not the JMT one of the most beautiful trails you've ever seen??? I know, the White's in NH have to be cool too....

Quote Originally Posted by colorado_rob View Post
    Very cool, thanks for sharing! I'll read it all when you post.

Tell us: Is or is-not the JMT one of the most beautiful trails you've ever seen??? I know, the White's in NH have to be cool too....
    I love my White Mountains, but the JMT is definitely the most beautiful trail I've ever been on!

Journal Entries

Congrats. I finished on 8/1. U must have gotten a few more days of inclement weather than me. Jmt is quite the scenic trail.

So do you have any hiking plans closer to home - like the Long Trail, AT through New England, etc? I would think the AT from your home state of Mass NOBO through Vermont, New Hampshire and Maine might appeal to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogwood View Post
    So do you have any hiking plans closer to home - like the Long Trail, AT through New England, etc? I would think the AT from your home state of Mass NOBO through Vermont, New Hampshire and Maine might appeal to you.
    I've hiked all of the 4000 footers through New England. I should finish my current goal of hiking the NH 4000 footers (48 in all) in each season this year. I think the Long Trail will be next thru hike and I'd like to section hike the AT starting from scratch.

I just added a page for my itinerary that will be updated as I write. Day three is done: http://www.trailtosummit.com/p/john-...rail-2014.html

Thx for sharing .....I hoped to do this year but not going to happen... Looking forward to reading your updates...

Awesome! I'm looking forward to reading the blog and reading your updates!

awesome blog post looking forward to more

Nice. I am looking forward to reading the next few days. Read all the way up to day 5

Thank you for sharing , it remind me of sweet memories of my past JMT , please post day 6 ,7,...
    I'm so impatient to read the remaining.

You should put a warning sing on your blog...
    warning you may catch the JMT fever reading your blog and wanting to do it or do it again!!!

GA-ME 2011
    Images

Thanks for sharing. I'd like to do this next year.
    "Chainsaw" GA-ME 2011

Day 6 and 7 are up! I will have day 8 (and possibly day 9) up by tonight!

++ New Posts ++