aka Kudzu
    Images

Default N FL Maintenance Update

It's been a while since we've been doing any maintenance but we've had to brave the heat a couple of times this summer.

Due to a prescribed burn in Gold Head the section between the ranger station and SR21 was obliterated and the wiregrass was in full force making it even more challenging to find your way. This has been mowed to give you a definitive path and we have re-blazed the 2-mile section. Hopefully this will resolve the issue where hikers were getting lost.

Moving north to the Osceola/Suwannee area we have also re-blazed the road walk between the Deep Creek trailhead through Randy Madison's property and on to the Bell Springs trailhead.

I checked the side trail between Bell Springs and Big Shoals and we'll be hitting that with the brush trimmers soon. It was lopped recently so it's not bad. Around Big Shoals, though, there are still some big washouts so be careful when you get to those areas.

I have to say that the water mgmt district did a great job with the Bell Springs restoration project. There is now a nice, flowing stream complete with a bridge to cross over it.

That's all for now. Happy trails!
    JaxHiker aka Kudzu - WFA
    Florida Trail Association: NE FL Trail Coordinator (Gold Head to Stephen Foster)
    Problems on the trail? Have a great experience? Please let me know. trails at northfloridatrailblazers dot org
    Blazing Trails with Kudzu @ www.idratherbehiking.com
    Follow me @idratherbhiking

Images

Thanks for the report and all the hard work!!
    Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair. -Kahlil Gibran

a tip of the hat, for all the hard work.

Always on the ball Cary! Keep it up!!
    Maintainer of the Unofficial Trail GPS Map Page(Updated 3-8-16) Now updated with the Florida Trail, Lone Star Hiking Trail, Arizona Trail, and Appalachian Trail.

aka Kudzu
    Images

Glad to help keep the trail open guys.
    JaxHiker aka Kudzu - WFA
    Florida Trail Association: NE FL Trail Coordinator (Gold Head to Stephen Foster)
    Problems on the trail? Have a great experience? Please let me know. trails at northfloridatrailblazers dot org
    Blazing Trails with Kudzu @ www.idratherbehiking.com
    Follow me @idratherbhiking

++ New Posts ++