WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Does Tarp Tent ever put their tents on sale?

Looking to get a TT Notch, but am not in a hurry. Does TT ever put its stuff on sale?

Not that I've ever seen.

All the time. In the Selling used Gear forum here at WhiteBlaze. Kinda Sorta Maybe.
    But seriously, lots of TarpTents are sold here all the time. Want To Buy TarpTent gets offers as well.

Wayne
    Eddie Valiant: "That lame-brain freeway idea could only be cooked up by a toon."
    https://wayne-ayearwithbigfootandbubba.blogspot.com
    FlickrMyBookTwitSpaceFace

No they do not, great stuff tho
    Trail Miles: 4,980.5
    AT Map 1: Complete 2013-2021
    Sheltowee Trace: Complete 2020-2023
    Pinhoti Trail: Complete 2023-2024
    Foothills Trail: 47.9
    AT Map 2: 279.4
    BMT: 52.7
    CDT: 85.4

Compared to tents from Big Agnes, etc., TarpTents are always on sale.

Wayne
    Eddie Valiant: "That lame-brain freeway idea could only be cooked up by a toon."

I have a TT, 2 Fly Creek UL2's, 3 Hillebergs, and a North Face Bivy. I enjoy using my Hillebergs and TT the most and for the AT unless Im camping in the Highlands or open area I always cary my TT. I hav ebeen in torential down pours for over 24 hours in my Tarptent, Completely Dry
    Trail Miles: 4,980.5
    AT Map 1: Complete 2013-2021
    Sheltowee Trace: Complete 2020-2023
    Pinhoti Trail: Complete 2023-2024
    Foothills Trail: 47.9
    AT Map 2: 279.4
    BMT: 52.7
    CDT: 85.4

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit McCrae View Post
    I have a TT, 2 Fly Creek UL2's, 3 Hillebergs, and a North Face Bivy. I enjoy using my Hillebergs and TT the most and for the AT unless Im camping in the Highlands or open area I always cary my TT. I hav ebeen in torential down pours for over 24 hours in my Tarptent, Completely Dry
    Which TarpTent & Hilleberg models do you have? Both brands are the only ones on my Tent Shopping Wishlist.
    Thanks.

Wayne

I'm looking to get a Notch. Did that model change at some point, with regard to tie out lines on the side? When did that happen?

Clueless Weekender
    Journal Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Odd Man Out View Post
    I'm looking to get a Notch. Did that model change at some point, with regard to tie out lines on the side? When did that happen?
    What sort of change are you talking about? Mine has dual vestibules, and ties out to four stakes: head, foot and the two sides. The tie-out lines are a couple of feet of Glowire or some similar reflective cord. It has extra buckles at the top corners so that you can add two more tie-outs from the peak so as to be able to open the sides completely or to add wind guys. The tent doesn't come with cordage or stakes for them, and I've never bothered to get the stuff, because I've not yet needed it.

I do bring a little bit of 325 cord in the winter, or if I might have to pitch on a tent platform or on rock, so I can tie out to something other than stakes (rocks, 'dead men' in the snow, snowshoes, trees, ...)

It looks like this when it's pitched. It's a little loose because it's not quite dry. The rain didn't stop until about an hour before sunup that night.

Campsite by ke9tv, on Flickr
    I always know where I am. I'm right here.

Wanna-be hiker trash
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Venchka View Post
    Compared to tents from Big Agnes, etc., TarpTents are always on sale.

Wayne
    This!!!

As others have said, I've never seem Tarptent discount their tents, but they're very reasonably priced for what you get.
    Colorless green ideas sleep furiously.

Images

Really? Ten years ago they used to have a year-end sale in the late fall. I got my Tarptents in about November, when they were clearing out the old models and getting ready to bring in the new. Obviously things have changed.
    If not NOW, then WHEN?

ME>GA 2006
    http://www.trailjournals.com/entry.cfm?trailname=3277

Instagram hiking photos: five.leafed.clover

Quote Originally Posted by Another Kevin View Post
    What sort of change are you talking about? Mine has dual vestibules, and ties out to four stakes: head, foot and the two sides. The tie-out lines are a couple of feet of Glowire or some similar reflective cord. It has extra buckles at the top corners so that you can add two more tie-outs from the peak so as to be able to open the sides completely or to add wind guys. The tent doesn't come with cordage or stakes for them, and I've never bothered to get the stuff, because I've not yet needed it.
    I thought I read that the tie outs from the peak were a recent addition. Otherwise, the side tie out attach to the fly over the vestibule? In this configuration you can only open one flap on each side, right? If tied out from the peak you could open both? Am I looking at that correctly?

Clueless Weekender
    Journal Entries

I thought I read that the tie outs from the peak were a recent addition. Otherwise, the side tie out attach to the fly over the vestibule? In this configuration you can only open one flap on each side, right? If tied out from the peak you could open both? Am I looking at that correctly?
    Just so. Without guys you can open one flap on each side.
    I always know where I am. I'm right here.

Images

I thought I read that the tie outs from the peak were a recent addition.
    yes, they are a recent addition,, so that you can open left and right flap on each side at the same time.
    NOBO section hiker, 1066.4 miles... & counting!!

I think those extra guy out points have been on the last two years of the Notch tarp tent. Bought mine early last year (2013) and it has them. Very useful in windy weather.

Quote Originally Posted by daddytwosticks View Post
    I think those extra guy out points have been on the last two years of the Notch tarp tent. Bought mine early last year (2013) and it has them. Very useful in windy weather.
    That's what I wanted to know, in case a used tent comes available, I'll want to know what to look for in older models. One other question, if using the tie outs from the peak, is it necessary to have another stake to tie out the flaps when closed, or could they also be tied out to the same stake the peak is tied to?

That's what I wanted to know, in case a used tent comes available, I'll want to know what to look for in older models. One other question, if using the tie outs from the peak, is it necessary to have another stake to tie out the flaps when closed, or could they also be tied out to the same stake the peak is tied to?
    I always take two extra ti stakes and stake them out separately from the ones securing the fly. I'm guessing the guy lines are about five feet long. Gives the tent great stability.

Images

They do sell "scratch and dent" tents. Sometimes tents are made with slight cosmetic issues and they sell them discounted. You will need to contact them to see if they have any.
    Give Me Mountains & I Am Happy!

GA-ME 2011
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Country Roads View Post
    They do sell "scratch and dent" tents. Sometimes tents are made with slight cosmetic issues and they sell them discounted. You will need to contact them to see if they have any.
    This is how I bought my Rainbow, never could find whatever was wrong with it.
    My son's Scout troop bought 3 Squall 2s for their Philmont trek and Henry gave them a discount.
    "Chainsaw" GA-ME 2011

Images

I have 5 tents and a tarp, two TT including Cloudburst (2 person) and my absolute go to tent TT Contrail. I think the best price/performance tent made for backpacking. IMHO. Paired with superior customer service paying full freight is still a bargain on any day.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
++ New Posts ++