WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Mohican Outdoor Center Store

Can anyone tell me if the store at the Mohican Outdoor Center, NJ sells canister stove gas?

Registered User Teacher & Snacktime's Avatar
    Journal Entries
    Images

You can call them and ask 908-362-5670
    "Maybe life isn't about avoiding the bruises. Maybe it's about collecting the scars to prove we showed up for it."

Journal Entries

I had a bad experience there last year and other thru hikers had similar trouble there, namely mailed care packages not given and reported as not received by them, but they happily offered to sell me a overpriced and skimpy sandwich and say they will make a run to get the mail in a few hours, and they will be happy to continue selling me those sandwiches while I waited. I did not get my package until I was able to confirm delivery and then threatened to call the postal inspector for mail theft - then they somehow now have it and admit they got it a couple of days before I arrived as the delivery confirmation stated. I simply do not trust them or what they say, including if they say they have the canisters.

But I am sure they will be willing to sell you a sandwich.
    Last edited by Starchild; 09-03-2014 at 09:39.

The last time i went through their they didn't sell cannister gas, but that was also on my 2012 thru but their not really intuned to long distance hikers they service the Tourist hiker type.

++ New Posts ++