WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

???

Genesis 1:24New International Version (NIV) 24 And God said, “Let the land produce living creatures according to their kinds: the livestock, the creatures that move along the ground, and the wild animals, each according to its kind.” And it was so.

Quote Originally Posted by flemdawg1 View Post
    ???

Genesis 1:24New International Version (NIV) 24 And God said, “Let the land produce living creatures according to their kinds: the livestock, the creatures that move along the ground, and the wild animals, each according to its kind.” And it was so.
    ahhhh, thought he meant Generation 1.24...whatever that means, I just went with it, was blind but now I see.

Quote Originally Posted by rocketsocks View Post
    ahhhh, thought he meant Generation 1.24...whatever that means, I just went with it, was blind but now I see.
    can I get a witness

Registered User 2015 Lady Thru-Hiker's Avatar
    Journal Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Seatbelt View Post
    Went to the Dr years ago and when he was checking my prostrate he started whistling. I was ok with this until I realized he was whistling the Oscar Meyer song....
    I sometimes really wish we had a like button on WB
    ““Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees....” ― John Muir

Journal Entries
    Images

yea I cant touch this....
    Dogs are excellent judges of character, this fact goes a long way toward explaining why some people don't like being around them.

Woo

Quote Originally Posted by bangorme View Post
    A creepy person is a person that isn't like you.
    I find that definition to be far too simplistic. There are more types of people in this world than their are colors and flavors combined, and for the most part we coexist with them on a daily basis. Personally I like it that way. I would say a creep is someone that stretches socially unacceptable behavior beyond the line. Take a nudist in a nudist colony for example. I'm not like him/her. But I respect them for their lifestyle and wouldn't call him/her a creep. Now if you took that same person outside the area where nudity was socially acceptable and he/she began stripping and dancing nude to the tune of 'Sexy and I know it'.... Well that would likely enter "creep" status (and drug testing).

My worst "creep" moment was on a hitch-hike to resupply in town. I was alone, tired, and the heat was getting to me. When the truck pulled over I should have taken more time to assess the driver but I didn't. Once I was in and we were on the way, he immediately switched gears from pleasant introductions to "what a girl like you should do when a man tries to rape you" and why I "should just let him". I would have jumped out right then had the truck not been going so fast. I spent the entire hitch with my right hand on my knife, out of his line of sight, and I was ready for a fight. Thankfully it didn't go that far. He stopped in town and I jumped out and away. Now I had solo hitch-hiked many times before then with no problems. But in my haste I didn't take the time to stop and listen to my gut.

Did the guy act on any of the **** that was spewing from his mouth? No. But his topic of choice with a lone woman that had just gotten into his truck was downright CREEPY.... and then some. Whether he meant well or not - still a creep. There are people with busted filters between brain and mouth, then there are those with absolutely no filter whatsoever. Goodness.

Images

What's makes a "creepy person"? Someone one who puts "leave me the Hell alone" in their signature on a group forum board....
    Sleep on the ground, rise with the sun and hike with the wind....

Images

apparently asking people if they saw any roadkill at the road crossings helps.
    I'm so confused, I'm not sure if I lost my horse or found a rope.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogtra View Post
    I find that definition to be far too simplistic...
    Well, it wasn't meant to be an all inclusive definition, but simply the common denominator for creepiness. For example, if you go into a shelter, take all your clothes off, and sit there, and the next person coming in does the exact same thing... is one of them going to perceive that other as being creepy (and the state of being creepy is one of perception). I mean, there could be a perfectly good reason why I'm shaving with a machete, but most would find me to be creepy if I did so.

I'm a big proponent of ALWAYS following your gut. But that doesn't mean AFTERWARDS one shouldn't really do some self-examination of why that gut feeling occurred. For example, some people feel very uncomfortable with people of a different race. After some thought, it would seem likely that eventually a thoughtful person would come to terms with that general feeling and not feel creepy about it anymore.

Journal Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bangorme View Post
    For example, if you go into a shelter, take all your clothes off, and sit there, and the next person coming in does the exact same thing... is one of them going to perceive that other as being creepy (and the state of being creepy is one of perception).
    Uh oh! I think I might be creepy.
    I've stripped down to nothing but shoes at least three times. Twice we were rain-soaked and getting cold. More recently, we were just sweaty and the cool breeze at the top of the hill was incredibly refreshing. Aaaaah!

Takes one to know one!

If I take a two mile walk in one direction from my home after dark, I'll see far more "creepy" people than I will if I spend two weeks on the Appalachian Trail. And, no, I do not live in a ghetto but in a relatively nice part of a very large urban area.

Quote Originally Posted by illabelle View Post
    Uh oh! I think I might be creepy.
    I've stripped down to nothing but shoes at least three times. Twice we were rain-soaked and getting cold. More recently, we were just sweaty and the cool breeze at the top of the hill was incredibly refreshing. Aaaaah!
    On my 2007 Long Trail thruhike, I surprised a young guy stripped to the buff when I reached Goddard Shelter. He was a NOBO AT thruhiker. It had been raining heavily for several hours and he was drying off the best possible way. He was somewhat embarrassed but I assured him "No problem - this is the trail." But I didn't follow (birthday) suit!

Journal Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cookerhiker View Post
    On my 2007 Long Trail thruhike, I surprised a young guy stripped to the buff when I reached Goddard Shelter. He was a NOBO AT thruhiker. It had been raining heavily for several hours and he was drying off the best possible way. He was somewhat embarrassed but I assured him "No problem - this is the trail." But I didn't follow (birthday) suit!
    I think I remember Goddard (we did southern VT last fall). I remember that we were damp and chilled and tired. The shelter faced into the afternoon sun and was semi-sheltered from wind. That was a pleasant place to finally dry some clothes and bask in the warm sunshine.

Seems to me it is always the ugly ones that think everyone is hittin' on 'em.

What makes a creepy person? Usually all it takes is a judgmental person who isn't afraid to label another.

Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by RED-DOG View Post
    SO what makes a CREEP a CREEP, when someone comes on WB and labels somebody a CREEP well what makes that person a creep whether it's a male or female, explain this to me.
    I think it's when they are:

1. Untrustworthy
    2. Not loyal
    3. Unhelpful
    4. Not friendly
    5. Not courteous
    6. Unkind
    7. Disobedient to the TOS
    8. Not cheerful
    9. Wasteful
    10. Cowardly
    11. Dirty
    12. Irreverent

I think most of us could work on a few of those-- I know I could.

My point exactly, I think you would be creepy to think I'm creepy.

Wanna-be hiker trash
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by rickb View Post
    I think it's when they are:

1. Untrustworthy
    2. Not loyal
    3. Unhelpful
    4. Not friendly
    5. Not courteous
    6. Unkind
    7. Disobedient to the TOS
    8. Not cheerful
    9. Wasteful
    10. Cowardly
    11. Dirty
    12. Irreverent

I think most of us could work on a few of those-- I know I could.
    13) Doesn't do a good turn daily.

...Rickb, that was brilliant.
    Last edited by Sarcasm the elf; 09-16-2014 at 11:12.
    Colorless green ideas sleep furiously.

Quote Originally Posted by flemdawg1 View Post
    ???

Sorry I forgot to put the correct version with the reference--KJV says "Lert the earth bring forth the living creature......and every creeping thing....." Come to think of it, I know a couple of these.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
++ New Posts ++