WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Wanted Killer survivalist near Delaware water gap

I just want to throw out a heads up to all those hiking or planning to hike in Northeastern PA and northern NJ . Where this incident occurred and where this guy lives is about 30 miles west of Delaware Water Gap. Until they catch this guy, just be careful if you are hiking the AT from Palmerton PA to Highpoint NJ, or another trails in the Pocono/DWG area.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/...ambush-n204406

A manhunt is under way Tuesday for an anti-cop "survivalist" with mass-murder fantasies who is wanted in last week's deadly ambush of Pennsylvania state police barracks, authorities said. Arrest warrants have been issued for Eric Matthew Frein, 31, of Canadensis, Pa., for the Friday night shooting that killed one trooper and left another critcally wounded. "He is at large and he is considered armed and extremely dangerous," Commissioner Frank Noonan said. "He has been described as a survivalist...He has made statements about wanting to kill law enforcement officers and also about wanting to commit mass acts of murder."

The gunman opened fire with a .308-caliber rifle on the state police's Blooming Grove barracks late Friday. Cpl. Bryon Dickson, 38, was killed and Trooper Alex Douglass was wounded before the suspect slipped off into the thick forest surrounding the barracks.
    A man walking his dog spotted a vehicle slightly submerged in a swampy area near the barracks and called police, who found Frein's ID inside — along with shell casings, empty rifle cases, military gear and camouflage face paint. Police said shell casings in the car and casings found at the home Frein shared with his parents matched the ones from the barracks shooting. "He’s expressed anti-government leanings in the past, especially toward law enforcement, and he has survivalist training," the commissioner said.

Journal Entries

I would think the State Police are being very wary right now. So to the Hiking Folk be careful out & about; there has been photo published of suspect within last hour.

Good Luck to MR, Frein.

Eric Matthew Frein.jpg
    Eric Matthew Frein - suspect

Images

Godspeed to the Pennsylvania State Police.
    igne et ferrum est potentas
    "In the beginning, all America was Virginia." -​William Byrd

Images

Quote Originally Posted by RED-DOG View Post
    Good Luck to MR, Frein.
    Sorry if I have mis-understood: you are wishing good luck to a ambushing, cop-killing suspect?
    Old Hiker
    AT Hike 2012 - 497 Miles of 2184
    AT Thru Hiker - 29 FEB - 03 OCT 2016 2189.1 miles
    Just because my teeth are showing, does NOT mean I'm smiling.
    Hányszor lennél inkább máshol?

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Old Hiker View Post
    Sorry if I have mis-understood: you are wishing good luck to a ambushing, cop-killing suspect?
    I was thinking the same thing myself, but I hope I misunderstood what he meant.
    "You're a nearsighted, bitter old fool."

Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by vamelungeon View Post
    I was thinking the same thing myself, but I hope I misunderstood what he meant.
    I am sure you did. Such is the internet.

Best to take that post as "Good luck getting away, you miserable *******. You think you know how to survive but you are going learn pretty quick that you don't have a clue".

He just being less wordy than me.

Quote Originally Posted by rickb View Post
    I am sure you did. Such is the internet.

Best to take that post as "Good luck getting away, you miserable *******. You think you know how to survive but you are going learn pretty quick that you don't have a clue".

He just being less wordy than me.
    Perhaps this is a sign of evolution.

Since the web has become the new media for many, many have decried how we can't read variations in speech, such as inflection or intonation, nor can we read one's body language, thereby requiring us to be very specific in our written language. And also to use a lot of emoticons, which I do, but I'm starting to think I actually piss people off by using them too much, so I continue to use them

Not everyone is going to be explicit in their written language and then you got the idiots that use emoticons too much, in place of being politically correct or just plain polite.

A lot of other factors, but it is forcing a change in us, very interesting...

P.S. I know I piss a lot of you off, but it's just too much fun to stop; I always loved watching those spinning tops as a child

"Sorry if I have mis-understood: you are wishing good luck to a ambushing, cop-killing suspect?"

Sarcasm - just pointing out the obvious.

If this guy is smart he wont go anywhere near the AT ...to much exposure...problem is though he's already shown he's not that smart, so who knows, he could be hiding in plane site.

Good Luck to MR, Frein.
    I meant good luck if they don't kill him when they catch him. most cops I know would
    SORRY for any missed interpretations.

Quote Originally Posted by rocketsocks View Post
    If this guy is smart he wont go anywhere near the AT ...to much exposure...problem is though he's already shown he's not that smart, so who knows, he could be hiding in plane site.
    A true Survivalist can survive in any environment without any human interactions, but the AT would allow him ease of movement and oppurtunities to steal gear and food.

A true Survivalist can survive in any environment without any human interactions, but the AT would allow him ease of movement and oppurtunities to steal gear and food.
    I'm not sure what you mean by that. If by that you mean that a true survivalist could survive completely separated from human settlements and without food supplies, then I disagree.

Seems to me they are always dependent on what society has to offer. Yeah, they can live a little while out there and maybe longer than most, but they all need to comeback or they will die or go crazy.

Journal Entries

just wanted to point out, The guy Eric Frein is not a "survivalist" or "prepper" as mainstream media has continued to label him as.
    Nor is he a "right winger nut job". He considered himself a sovereign citizen. .. This dude couldn't rub two stick together to make a fire if his life depended on it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Chair-man View Post
    ... Eric Rudolph was supposed to be this big survivalist too but where did they find him, rootin through a dumpster behind a Save-a-Lot Store.
    Yes, Rudolph was caught scavenging a dumpster, but I'd disagree with any suggestion that he wasn't a big survivalist. As many years as he spent on the run, and as many agents that were looking for him... it's really amazing how long he was able to avoid detection without (presumably) leaving the area.

I don't want to glorify Rudoploh; the man is a killer and a scoundrel. But in reading his transcribed letters from prison, he clearly had very well developed survival skills in an unforgiving landscape.

Some of his letters are published. In this one, he discusses his approach for stockpiling caches of food and recalls a couple close calls with being captured.

http://www.armyofgod.com/EricRudolphTil.html

Again, not to glorify Rudolph, but these letters provide a unique window into the criminal mind.
    Last edited by Farr Away; 09-23-2014 at 08:42. Reason: TOS #2

Quote Originally Posted by magneto View Post
    What is interesting is that this man is only accused and none of us have any first-hand knowledge of what he is alleged to have done. Yet some seem convinced that he is guilty to the point that they are rooting for the government to "take him out" - which I assume means to kill him - without a trail or other due process of law.

Finally - this is a board about hiking. Beyond knowing that the guy is near the AT, what the hell has this got to do with hiking?
    OK - so apparently it becomes forbidden to go "off-topic" only after you have had the chance to provide your own off-topic response?

Sounds like they may be getting closer to catching him.

http://www.aol.com/article/2014/09/2...ound/20965509/

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
++ New Posts ++