WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Grafton Notch loop Sept 26-28

I'm thinking of doing the Grafton Notch loop (39 miles of hard hiking) next weekend, so long as the weather is good. The foliage should be at or near peak by next week. With a hard frost last night (28 at my house), the trees are starting to turn en mass.

If you want to do a fall hike, this would be a good one. Let me know if you'd like to meet up for it
    Follow slogoen on Instagram.

39 miles in... how many days of hiking??? I've done it in 2-short + 2-full days -- basically, 3 solid days of hiking.

[QUOTE=Slo-go'en;1909251]I'm thinking of doing the Grafton Notch loop (39 miles of hard hiking) next weekend, so long as the weather is good. The foliage should be at or near peak by next week. With a hard frost last night (28 at my house), the trees are starting to turn en mass.

If you want to do a fall hike, this would be a good one. Let me know if you'd like to meet up for it [/QUOTE

I do not live to far from grafton notch and have hiking the A.T. thru there for 40 years. I plan to do this loop for the first time this sunday. I plan to do it in 3 days. Have fun next week.

A bunch of us did this last year and even in 3 days it was exhausting. No shortage of elevation changes...but it's so worth it!
    check out my blog - Hilltackler...answering the call of the trail.
    hilltackler.com

++ New Posts ++