WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Enlightened Equipment Quilts

Hi, I have been looking for a new bag or quilt for backpacking. I have looked into the Enlightened Equipment (EE) quilts, especially the Enigma and Revelation. I need a quilt for backpacking in march through October, so I'm looking at 20 degree models. Have any of you had experience with any of the EE quilts? Would you recommend them for 3 season backpacking?

By the way, I always camp on the ground, either in a tent or in a shelter.

Heard nothing but good things but chose jacks r better... Very pleased made in va

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a 20* and 40* enigma. I chose it over the revelation because of the enclosed foot box. Both of mine are the 850 DT version and i don't have anything negative to say about them as i use them both for ground sleeping and hammocking. However, if knowing ahead of time that it was going to be cold (in 20s or 30s) a good pad is a must.

I've got a 40* Revelation and I love it.

Journal Entries

The best deal is probably hammockgear today.

Quilts are good because they are versatile . If the footbox opens to vent in warmer conditions. Its worth the weight for comfort.

You will swelter and sweat with a 20 F quilt much of yr on the AT. March and October might be OK, in the summer you would need a 50.

I have 2 EE quilts. A 20 and a 40.

I'm selling a 20 degree revelation. Look under the for sale section of the forums. In perfect condition

Garlic
    Images

EE has revised their designs and pricing since I bought my RevX 30 quilt a couple of years ago, but I think it was the best gear purchase I've made in at least a decade. It is very versatile. I bought it for a summer trip that started in wet snow in the North Cascades and ended in a 100+ degree killer heat wave. It exceeded my expectations.

I think most quilt makers offer about the same features. EE edged out the competition at the time in price, weight, and features, but just barely.

One of the surprising results of using a quilt that summer was since I never actually slept on it, it stayed clean--a few minutes of sunshine every once in a while and it never got that funky odor.

Quote Originally Posted by garlic08 View Post
    EE has revised their designs and pricing since I bought my RevX 30 quilt a couple of years ago, but I think it was the best gear purchase I've made in at least a decade. It is very versatile. I bought it for a summer trip that started in wet snow in the North Cascades and ended in a 100+ degree killer heat wave. It exceeded my expectations.

I think most quilt makers offer about the same features. EE edged out the competition at the time in price, weight, and features, but just barely.
    I agree. I have a RevX 30 and 40 that are both on the "older design" now. Love them both. I sleep hot generally but have used the 30 in some pretty low temps with layers on. I was between the EE and jacksrbetter, but since they were only a couple bucks difference I think the EE was a couple inches larger and cheaper so I went with that and I am very happy.

Prodigy and Revelation 50* open foot box quilts. Love em. I wish EE had 900 Hyper Dry down when I ordered my Revelation though.

++ New Posts ++