WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast
    Registered User Teacher & Snacktime's Avatar
    Journal Entries
    Images

We're good any weekend as long as I have enough notice to get the time off work. Have we decided on a location yet? NY or CT or MA?
    "Maybe life isn't about avoiding the bruises. Maybe it's about collecting the scars to prove we showed up for it."

AT 2012

you see the thread about rebuilding the West Shelter? Pretty perfect timing!
    Lazarus

Images

Quote Originally Posted by 1azarus View Post
    if coach lou can make it either the 10th or the 24th weekend it looks like we can get imscotty and all other responders to go. ...well? sort of important to have cheesecake.

Laz, I'm sure I can work it out. MLK is not really a Autobody shop national holiday......you guyz pick a date. The cheesecake will be there.

Images

YES ... cheesecake
    "Life is pure adventure, and the sooner we realize that, the quicker we will be
    able to treat life as art." Maya Angelou

Wanna-be hiker trash
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by moose717 View Post
    YES ... cheesecake
    Upside down sat upon cheesecake?
    Colorless green ideas sleep furiously.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasm the elf View Post
    Upside down sat upon cheesecake?
    As long as Coach isn't farting on it ... I'm fine with it.
    "Life is pure adventure, and the sooner we realize that, the quicker we will be
    able to treat life as art." Maya Angelou

I'm new to this group, but I've been doing this kind of thing for a while now. Sounds like it could be a lot of fun. How do I get 'in'?

Quote Originally Posted by liptackj View Post
    I'm new to this group, but I've been doing this kind of thing for a while now. Sounds like it could be a lot of fun. How do I get 'in'?
    I think you just show up. Of course it's a few months before it happens, a lot could change.

Images

If I get my kitchen back together, Malto's Boss may allow him to take a weekend off. I REALLY need to get out more and I would love to meet up with last years crew and others again.

Quote Originally Posted by Malto View Post
    If I get my kitchen back together, Malto's Boss may allow him to take a weekend off. I REALLY need to get out more and I would love to meet up with last years crew and others again.
    Was that you or another Malto I just saw plastered all over Swami's FB page? Looked a bit like ya, but only seen a fuzzy pic or two from your journal.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Just Bill View Post
    Was that you or another Malto I just saw plastered all over Swami's FB page? Looked a bit like ya, but only seen a fuzzy pic or two from your journal.
    yeah, someone had to carry Swami's food.

Journal Entries

I'm very interested. Please keep me posted. Thanks.

AT 2012

Everyone welcome... and maybe now that another kevin's Adirondack hike is over we can get some focused geek trek planning time. We probably should pick one of those three January weekends. I hope you all have seen pics of the rebuilt west mountain shelter.
    Lazarus

LT '79; AT '73-'14 in sections; Donating Member Kerosene's Avatar
    Images

I need to fly out to visit my parents at some point, especially as I won't be able to get back for the holidays this year. Perhaps I could coordinate that trip and spend a weekend on the Trail. I have two well-behaved teenage nephews that might be up for the challenge also depending on their school commitments. I'm probably more of a 'maybe' than Just Bill, but I've been known to do things like this in the past!
    GA←↕→ME: 1973 to 2014

Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Kerosene View Post
    I need to fly out to visit my parents at some point, especially as I won't be able to get back for the holidays this year. Perhaps I could coordinate that trip and spend a weekend on the Trail. I have two well-behaved teenage nephews that might be up for the challenge also depending on their school commitments. I'm probably more of a 'maybe' than Just Bill, but I've been known to do things like this in the past!
    It would be great if you could make it, K....especially with teens in tow! I felt bad we couldn't meet up with you for your section-hike finale in Maine....congrats by the way.

Laz, I've requested the 17th and 18th off work, so I hope that will be the weekend. But if not, please let me know asap so I can change the request.
    Last edited by Teacher & Snacktime; 10-23-2014 at 10:54.
    "Maybe life isn't about avoiding the bruises. Maybe it's about collecting the scars to prove we showed up for it."

AT 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher & Snacktime:1917305
    It would be great if you could make it, K....especially with teens in tow! I felt bad we couldn't meet up with you for your section-hike finale in Maine....congrats by the way.

Laz, I've requested the 17th and 18th off work, so I hope that will be the weekend. But if not, please let me know asap so I can change the request.
    If no objections, let's make that the weekend, then. Glad you can make it!
    Lazarus

Clueless Weekender
    Journal Entries

MLK weekend sounds good to me! But I want to let someone in on the planning who was just involved in some major trail renovation. His wife makes a great cheesecake. Lazarus, have you invited him? I don't think he'll see the message here.
    I always know where I am. I'm right here.

Journal Entries
    Images

He's already seen it AK, and he's on board

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Another Kevin View Post
    MLK weekend sounds good to me! But I want to let someone in on the planning who was just involved in some major trail renovation. His wife makes a great cheesecake. Lazarus, have you invited him? I don't think he'll see the message here.
    Kev...you know I'm in!!! And I am here to throw something in the pot.... How about we Base camp sort of maybe the new West Mtn. shelter and loop around the general State park area for those few days. Those that want to finish the AT part can do that.......most folks need to walk the relo to have now 'thrued NY'. @ the NY/NJ annual meeting, I picked up a very good South Hudson walk book! Anyway....that's my 2cents.

Images

Be very cool if you made it!

Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast
++ New Posts ++