WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Found imitation Buffs for .99 at Walgreens

Easily the cheapest I've ever seen these. They are the exact same material as the original Buff, but 1/10th the price, and maybe 1" shorter. All the package said is "Multipurpose Bandana." Saw them on an end display near the front of the store. They had several solid colors and one that was a graffiti theme. Looks like they are marketed toward women, but as a bald man I can tell you these are a Godsend. They keep the sweat from running down my face and into my eyes. When the top becomes saturated, I can flip it around. By the time the other side is soaked, the back is dry, and I can keep switching it around that all day. They also keep my scalp from getting sunburnt.

Buffs rule. This is a great find, thanks for pointing it out!

Thanks for the info. I will be looking for these!

Thanks for the info,I use Buffs all the time when im fishing or hiking

I guess I am out of touch. Are "buffs" hankerchiefs? Are they 100 percent cotton?

Buffs are polyester tubes than can be configured as a headband, beanie, balaclava, neck gaiter, and a bunch of other ways.
    I have 13 of them, and use them for work under a hardhat, mountain biking, kayaking, backpacking, yard work...everything.
    First stop when I get off in the morning is Walgreens!

Thanks. I never did get why a small tube of fabric should cost upwards of $10 as I've seen some Buffs cost. Some bandanas are another overpriced item for what they are.

Thanks for the heads up. Unlike bandanas, I baby my buff because they are not cheap. The Original Buffs run for $20 when not on sale, and I only have one because it was on sale for $12. For 99 cents, I can wear it, wipe my sweat, dry my pot then throw it in the wash when I get home. If it gets ruined or lost, I'll just buy another one for a buck.

PCT, Sheltowee, Pinhoti, LT , BMT, AT, SHT, CDT, TRT 10-K's Avatar

I'll walk by Walgreens in a few and see how many they have. If they've got a bunch I'll buy several and sell them to anyone who wants to buy one for cost + shipping.

Worse case I'm stuck with 8-10 $0.99 buffs....

PCT, Sheltowee, Pinhoti, LT , BMT, AT, SHT, CDT, TRT 10-K's Avatar

No buffs at ours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for sharing - I'll check my Wal Greens tomorrow. I wear buff's in the summer to keep my neck and face from getting sunburned when flyfishing. Also keeps the bugs from whacking you in the face when doing 35mph my skiff. In the winter time I have a "Polar Fleece" Buff that I paid some obnoxious price for but it works great.

WG's also has this:
    http://www.bagbalm.com/

This is the schnitzle - I use it for my feet before a trail run / hike, to prevent chafing on long trail runs (sore nips suk) and just all around balm. Check out their site - they have an interesting history....Bag Balm was born in 1899. The salve was created to help milking cows be comfortable.Look where that's led.
    From quilting bees, to hardworking hands, to feet that can go the distance. From outdoor adventures, to furry friends at home. Bag Balm, it seems, is everywhere – and working as hard as ever.

I love buffs too but I'm not sure if I would rush off to buy a $1 knockoff. There are consequences to underselling.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogtra View Post
    I love buffs too but I'm not sure if I would rush off to buy a $1 knockoff. There are consequences to underselling.
    Agree...but worth a look...they also make a good pillow cover for my sawyer mini 2 liter water bladder...hope it doesn't leak

Journal Entries
    Images

The buff I've been using for years is actually an old hat that I cut an opening in the top. I uses it as a hat, face warmer, neck gaiter, etc. I don't leave without it in the cooler months.
    Take Time to Watch the Trees Dance with The Wind........Then Join In........

As a football official in Ohio, I bought some this weekend and wore a black one all day Saturday, and Sunday (7 peewee games) and it worked well. Went through wind, rain, and even a little sunshine. Was able to use multible ways.

Walmart in Monroe New York have these for 1.89 a piece, I got it there a few times

In Amazon, $12 for a four-pack.

I picked up two of these today on the way to school. I thing they are made of a poly cotton blend. Feels like a shirt sleeve.

http://buffusa.com/sports/collection...alachian-trail Here's one of the originals, and I think this one was made just for us.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Cedar1974 View Post
    http://buffusa.com/sports/collection...alachian-trail Here's one of the originals, and I think this one was made just for us.
    Went to Amazon to check the original - did NOT see this one after MANY styles, colors, etc. I LIKE this one !!!
    Old Hiker
    AT Hike 2012 - 497 Miles of 2184
    AT Thru Hiker - 29 FEB - 03 OCT 2016 2189.1 miles
    Just because my teeth are showing, does NOT mean I'm smiling.
    Hányszor lennél inkább máshol?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
++ New Posts ++