WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

PCT, Sheltowee, Pinhoti, LT , BMT, AT, SHT, CDT, TRT 10-K's Avatar

Default Outfitter in Hiawassee and Franklin

Isn't there an outfitter in Hiawassee within walking distance of the Holiday Inn?

And one in Franklin within walking distance of the Budget Inn?

Just trying to get a handle on where we might pick up a fuel canister if needed this week when we hike through there.

Outdoor 76 just down street in Franklin..::I'll be there In hour or two picking up lhg solong then hittin trail

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 10-K View Post
    Isn't there an outfitter in Hiawassee within walking distance of the Holiday Inn?

And one in Franklin within walking distance of the Budget Inn?

Just trying to get a handle on where we might pick up a fuel canister if needed this week when we hike through there.
    the last time I was in Hiawassee ( 2012) their was one just down the street but I don't know if their still open. but theirs two in Franklin NC, Three Eagles outfitters which is right beside the Lowes and the GA exit, and then theirs outdoor 76 which is right on Main street in down town Franklin, in my opinion Three Eagle is the better of the two they have a better selection with way more stuff.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by saltysack View Post
    Outdoor 76 just down street in Franklin..::I'll be there In hour or two picking up lhg solong then hittin trail

No, no, no, saltysack, you can't do it that way. Ya gotta order it after lengthy research, deep questions on Whiteblaze, agonizing over the choices, then hitting "SEND" on your computer.

THEN: you get to rush home from work, check the front door (NO PACKAGE !!), check the e-mails for notifications, track the package and hope no one finds it on the doorstep before YOU do.

Sheeesh. Don'tcha know how to hike???

Enjoy the tent - I have one (see above ) and I really like it.

Wait - what trail at Neptune Beach ??
    Old Hiker
    AT Hike 2012 - 497 Miles of 2184
    AT Thru Hiker - 29 FEB - 03 OCT 2016 2189.1 miles
    Just because my teeth are showing, does NOT mean I'm smiling.
    Hányszor lennél inkább máshol?

Quote Originally Posted by Old Hiker View Post
    No, no, no, saltysack, you can't do it that way. Ya gotta order it after lengthy research, deep questions on Whiteblaze, agonizing over the choices, then hitting "SEND" on your computer.

THEN: you get to rush home from work, check the front door (NO PACKAGE !!), check the e-mails for notifications, track the package and hope no one finds it on the doorstep before YOU do.

Sheeesh. Don'tcha know how to hike???

Enjoy the tent - I have one (see above ) and I really like it.

Wait - what trail at Neptune Beach ??
    Ha....done lots of research!!! After picking it up headin to si campground then hiking north to fontana dam....shuttle back Thursday evening....then drive to columbia, SC then Charleston for work meetings....tough work week!!

Images

In Hiawassee Three Eagles Outfitters has a seasonal "satellite" location during March and April.

Buckhead House is an outfitter open year round in Hiawassee. I would call them to see if they have the fuel you might need. (706) 896-0028.
    Order your copy of the Appalachian Trail Passport at www.ATPassport.com

Green Mountain House Hostel
    Manchester Center, VT

http://www.greenmountainhouse.net

What are you hiking in those areas 10-K? I ask because the owner of Outdoor 76 has offered me rides back to the Bartram Trail.

PCT, Sheltowee, Pinhoti, LT , BMT, AT, SHT, CDT, TRT 10-K's Avatar

I'm taking my wife on a hike from Springer to Fontana... We have 18 days - I'll be needing some canister fuel along the way and was wondering where I can pick some up in hiawassee and franklin..

Images

Not sure what day you're heading through there but in case you're in franklin on Sunday---the outfitter 76 was closed.....along with most of all downtown...

not sure if that's every Sunday or what but it was closed a couple of weeks ago when I floated through...

Top of Georgia hostel, 1/2 mile down from Dicks Creek Gap, should have your canisters.

Mountain Crossing at Neels Gap, on the AT, would have the fuel canisters, without leaving the trail. https://www.mountaincrossings.com/Articles.asp?ID=253

++ New Posts ++