WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Shuttles for slack packers in NJ-PA

We hope to make it to NJ to continue or quest of hiking the AT in the spring of 2015.
    We are from NH and don't want to drive two cars. Last year we were able to find a shuttle person that helped us spot our car and then drove us to our start point for the day, however this won't work next spring because he is located just to far from where we are starting. It worked out great, even a couple of times he hiked with us and was very informative.
    I did check the ATC shuttle list and have put in a request but seems like the ones in the area we will be in are very expensive or they drop you off and then pick you up a week later meaning we're backpacking which we prefer not to do.
    We're Grammas who will backpack on occasion but avoid it as much as possible.
    Does anyone out there know of someone who does this that is not on that list.
    We hope to do 7 day hikes starting at High Point Shelter in NJ and ending at either Wind Gap or Smith Gap,PA

Registered User Teacher & Snacktime's Avatar
    Journal Entries
    Images

Let us know when in the spring. If at all possible, we'll help. (We might have a soft spot for Grammas)
    "Maybe life isn't about avoiding the bruises. Maybe it's about collecting the scars to prove we showed up for it."

Ok, Thx we'll do that!

When you get further into Pa on another hike keep me in mind. I live in Duncannon, PA 717-834-4706

ok Mary, Thx

++ New Posts ++