My HH arrived last night a 6pm. I didn't get a chance to set it up until 9pm. Freaked out a couple of neighbors (and thier dogs) while I set it up the backyard with my headlamp on.
Me: I'm 5'10" and weight 200#.
- It is much smaller inside than I was expecting. Seemed like I was wedged foot-to-head along the diagonal. Maybe I need to stake it out better???
- If you are laying on your back. What part of your body is next to the "head end" tie-eout? Elbow? Head? Shoulder?
- What about the "foot end" tie-out? Foot? Shin? Knee?
- It is quite easy to setup (once you've done it a couple of times). It took me 90 minutes to get it right last night. But I think I started with it too close to the ground. My tie off points were 16'-18' apart, so there was quite a bit of sag.
- It is fricken small. All folded up it is smaller than a football! I haven't weighed it yet. I never realized that it packed up so small.
- I had long john top/bottoms on along with socks. I was inside my silk sheets with my unzipped sleeping bag (15F) draped on top of me. I had the Wally World blue foam pad and a car foil-backed sunscreen (24"x58") underneath the blue pad. It was 44F last night. I was too hot! Took off my socks and pants. Probably should have taken off my shirt.
- I kept sliding "into the grove". I had a hard time staying "off axis" by 20 degrees. Must be a trick to it. Should I shorten the blue pad? Other suggestions?
- It was fairly comfortable. But I'm sure I need to adjust a few things to make it better. Suggestions?
- I was surprised at how close the tarp (not the mesh) was to my face. I always picture it being 1' above the mesh.
- Do folks typically use 2 stakes, or 4?
- What are all of the extra clips and loops on the tarp and tie-outs for? Whatever you want?
- How tight do you make the mainline? I put one foot and the tree and pulled about as tight as I could make it without cutting my hands by the cord. Too tight?
I'll probably make a few adjustments and try it again tonight (maybe in the rain).