WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9

I'm out of a job next Friday and on the trail on April 11th. It still doesn't seem real
    2005 "No Legs" Springer to Clingman's
    2007 SloFar/DrClaw - GA-NJ

Images

I'm driving to Georgia THIS saturday and my feet will be on Springer THIS monday! (where's my barf bag!?) LOL I go between total excitement and nervousness, but I know all will be well once I get to the trail. I feel like I used to feel when I would audition for honor bands as a kid!
    The Most Important Things In Life Are Not Things....

Just got my reservations for Baxter State Park for July 1 -3. Camping for a couple of days with friends, then I think I'll walk to GA. Practice hikes in grand canyon in two weeks too. I love life.

Images

"I loaded up the EMS pack that I decided to switch to today and walked up and down the hill with it. It's not balanced quite right but I imagine I'll get it adjusted better in time. It's almost as tall as I am..the hardest part is getting it on."

I'm carrying a Gregory Diva - it's so well balanced that it doesn't seem to get any heavier feeling no matter what I put in it. But since I'm only 4' 10" I get the "almost as tall as I am" !!! The pack feels great but then I look in a mirror and it looks HUGE on me!!
    "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Quote Originally Posted by Trailwind View Post
    Based on previous years you should expect temperatures to get down close to 0 F for a couple of nights. Probably below freezing for quite a few nights into the next month and a half. There will be a fair share of warm days, wet days, dry days...plan for them all.
    Thanks, Trailwind. Lately I have been wondering if I should take my 10F sleeping bag or my 20F sleeping bag which is 9 oz lighter.Today i lean towards the warmer one.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Baggins View Post
    "I loaded up the EMS pack that I decided to switch to today and walked up and down the hill with it. It's not balanced quite right but I imagine I'll get it adjusted better in time. It's almost as tall as I am..the hardest part is getting it on."

I'm carrying a Gregory Diva - it's so well balanced that it doesn't seem to get any heavier feeling no matter what I put in it. But since I'm only 4' 10" I get the "almost as tall as I am" !!! The pack feels great but then I look in a mirror and it looks HUGE on me!!
    MB, Hi Go with comfort and don't worry about mirrors. Thankfully there are not many along the trail...
    ...should I bring shampoo or just concentrated all purpose liquid laundry soap to keep me shiny and clean and smelling purty???

Sandalwood

Sandalwood/MaxNCathy... I have a ten degree bag and I've been sweating bullets at night since coming back last week. If you're worried about being cold, I'd reccommend the 20 degree bag with a silk liner. The liner is very comfortable and will keep you warm or cool depending on the weather.
    http://joshuamlee.com Photography

--Signor Felice

Default Time to lock & load!!

OK... last post for a while. Putting the laptop in storage and getting my pack ready to hit the airport in the morning. Will be up on Springer Sunday.

I AM PSYCHED!! Ready to get this little walk in the park going!! See ya'll out there!
    WhoAh

Quote Originally Posted by MrHappy View Post
    Sandalwood/MaxNCathy... I have a ten degree bag and I've been sweating bullets at night since coming back last week. If you're worried about being cold, I'd reccommend the 20 degree bag with a silk liner. The liner is very comfortable and will keep you warm or cool depending on the weather.
    Thanks for info Mr Happy. Now I am leaning towards the 20F bag and wearing more clothes during colder nights.
    Keep well and ENJOY each day on the Trail.
    Thanks again my friend, Max

Quote Originally Posted by WhoAh View Post
    OK... last post for a while. Putting the laptop in storage and getting my pack ready to hit the airport in the morning. Will be up on Springer Sunday.

I AM PSYCHED!! Ready to get this little walk in the park going!! See ya'll out there!
    I am jealous! Have a wonderful time.
    I have to wait till the 19th to start so won't get to see you unless you take lots of zero days.
    Have a super time, max

I am getting slightly nervous for my trip that will start at the Approach Trail on the 17th. I've been busy modifying some gear, and am waiting for a new rain jacket (Golite) to arrive any day now. Some logistical hurdles are bothering me, those mainly being small resupplies of yerba mate and protein shakes, and where to send them. Trying not to plan too much though because I'm sure most plans will go out the window within a couple of weeks. I've moved back to GA to stay with my parents until I depart. It's been nice not having to go to work the past 3 weeks, but all of the sitting around makes me want to hit the trail even more. The beautiful, warm weather, coupled with the daylight savings time has me feeling great about the start of the hike. Really can't wait, but definitely nervous, and even slightly confident about the trip ahead. Have also been worried about the trail being way too crowded, and have even contemplated starting a few days earlier to avoid the weekend starters, but probably won't.

I'm a pretty shy guy, but can't wait to meet some great people on the trail.

Today, I am EXCITED. Tomorrow I land in Atlanta at 335 PM and will set foot on the AT Monday morning.

I may see some of You.

Sandalwood

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9
++ New Posts ++