WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 31 of 50 FirstFirst ... 21 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 41 ... LastLast
    Section Hiking: 4.5% complete TheBirdman's Avatar

Longtime creeper, first time poster. Great work everyone.

Hello everyone,

I've been lurking unofficially here for a while reading/studying everyone's input. I figure that I needed to go ahead and sign-up.

I hope learn some more and eventually hit the AT. I'm a recent transplant in Central Florida who moved from Georgia. So, I also hope to meet other Floridians who love the outdoors and the mountains.

I went and did finally and signed up.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by tazzerboy View Post
    Hello everyone,

I've been lurking unofficially here for a while reading/studying everyone's input. I figure that I needed to go ahead and sign-up.

I hope learn some more and eventually hit the AT. I'm a recent transplant in Central Florida who moved from Georgia. So, I also hope to meet other Floridians who love the outdoors and the mountains.
    Welcome to Whiteblaze.
    Im not sure what could possibly be better than the mountains of florida, but if you head to springer mtn and start hiking north, youll find out!
    theres a lot of great information you can find on the home page articles section. then if you have a specific question, fire away. weve got a bunch of expert knuckleheads here to help you find answers.

hello there

Journal Entries
    Images

I've been reading and enjoying WB for at least two years now. Just finally made a contribution and happy to do so. It'll be an annual thing. Thanks for the GREAT site and all you do to promote backpacking and the AT.

OK: here is a question-what is a "troll?" I have seen and myself, been accoused of being a "troll" or "trolling". At the time i was on reading and enjoying and making comments. OK, thanks!
    "Something hidden. Go and find it. Go, and look behind the Ranges. Something lost behind the Ranges. Lost and waiting for you . . . Go!" (Rudyard Kipling)
    From SunnyWalker, SOBO CDT hiker starting June 2014.
    Please visit: SunnyWalker.Net

Images

Quote Originally Posted by SunnyWalker View Post
    I've been reading and enjoying WB for at least two years now. Just finally made a contribution and happy to do so. It'll be an annual thing. Thanks for the GREAT site and all you do to promote backpacking and the AT.

OK: here is a question-what is a "troll?" I have seen and myself, been accoused of being a "troll" or "trolling". At the time i was on reading and enjoying and making comments. OK, thanks!
    just ignore the troll comments.contribute when you have something to say.

Nice Site. I have added my name and hope to gain some valuable info for my Trail Angel work that I look forward to so much each spring and summer. Have been baking homemade cookies and handing them out to thru hikers for two years from a downtown Waynesboro,VA office location. Have met some of the most wonderful people! I wish I could drop everything and go along with them! Sadly my office is no longer downtown as I have changed jobs but I travel the Blue Ridge Parkway to work every day now and plan to visit with the hikers there. Hoping to get some sort of feast or fest going in Waynesboro too for this years hikers. Won't compare to Damacus but it should be fun. I'd love to hear hikers ideas on what would be appealing. Look me up as you pass through! I am on the Free Hiker Shuttle call list that you get at the Rockfuish Gap Visitors Center.

Hi,I'm planning a section hike on the AT in sept. from Mass.to W V. I want to know if there has been any significant changes in this section.I have the 2009 Thru-Hikers Handbook[McCaw} Thanks, Stubborn Persistence

Hello All! I am new to whiteblazes and just wanted to introduce myself. I am a section hiker and just wanted to get some information and maybe give some out.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by mr.rainmaker View Post
    Hello All! I am new to whiteblazes and just wanted to introduce myself. I am a section hiker and just wanted to get some information and maybe give some out.

Cheers
    Well then you get one of these and to white blaze

PS I have appointed myself to the sunshine committee happy hiking
    Last edited by rocketsocks; 07-20-2012 at 15:32.

Inbetween the Blue Ridge and the Massanutten

Hi All,
    I've lived close to to the AT for over 20 years. I've hiked in the Massanutten a few times never giving the AT much thought. This June me and my wife took a mini vacation at Black Bear Resort in Hampton and learned all about the AT. Now I am infatuated with the AT. Now all I want to do is hike. WB is a great web site full of info.

Inbetween
    SNP out the back door Massanutten out the front door.

Quote Originally Posted by Inbetween View Post
    Hi All,
    I've lived close to to the AT for over 20 years. I've hiked in the Massanutten a few times never giving the AT much thought. This June me and my wife took a mini vacation at Black Bear Resort in Hampton and learned all about the AT. Now I am infatuated with the AT. Now all I want to do is hike. WB is a great web site full of info.

Inbetween
    SNP out the back door Massanutten out the front door.
    real nice Inbetween to White Blaze

Been creeping a lot and finally signed up.

Hiked two sections of the AT so far. In 2009 my firends and I hiked Hwy 91 to dennis cove road by watauga lake in TN. In 2011 we hiked from fontana dam to clingmans.

Im researchig on doing a 2012 thru hike

And... I meant to say a 2013 thru hike

Hello everyone. New to this forum !

I forgot to mention (cant edit post yet) I have browsed the forum for a few years but finally signed up.

I did Standing Indian Loop last year in Oct. !!

Images

to Whiteblaze! Maddog
    "You do more hiking with your head than your feet!" Emma "Grandma" Gatewood...HYOY!!!
    http://www.hammockforums.net/?

hey everybody! I suppose I should have posted here first before jumping in a few other threads. I am a longtime camper and day/weekend hiker and recently found this site upon a recommendation from a friend. I hike the AT almost daily as the trail is about a half mile from my front door. Last week I took some water down to Dick's Dome because the spring there is pretty well dried up. Anyway, I got to reading the register and was totally jealous of all the thru hikers and their adventures. I immediately started planning a backpacking trip from Harper's Ferry to home. I hope to learn lots from this site and maybe find a few hiking buddies!

I am new to WhiteBlaze. Thank you for the welcome. I want to walk a Southern section (Early Spring 2013) of the AP and have a few questions before I get started.
    How far can I walk in a day? Trying to determine where to start and where I will end up bey the end of my time on the trail.
    When is the Southern section the busiest? The least busy?
    Are there medical stations on the trail?
    Is there a standard trail section you would recommend for a beginner?
    I look forward to hearing thoughts.
    Novicewalker

Page 31 of 50 FirstFirst ... 21 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 41 ... LastLast
++ New Posts ++