WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
    Images

Default Mt Washington

Quote Originally Posted by peter_pan View Post
    My hiking partner (Smee) and I have been actively working and testing hammock insulation ideas and systems for over two years. In our experience, the under-quilt is the best answer. Our homemade, down filled models have undergone a fair amount of testing. Our earliest quilts have seen 80 nights of use and 800+ miles of the AT. We are in the final stages of weight reduction and determination of the best overall attachment system. Read simplest, lightest, with adequate durability.

The real questions are:
    1. Does the hammock community like the idea of under-quilts?
    2. What design features should go into under-quilts?
    3. What do you think?
    I used the Mt. Washington JRB for 510 mi 42 nights(on trail). not a problem. dowm below 0*. will probably never take a pad again
    I'm so confused, I'm not sure if I lost my horse or found a rope.

Quote Originally Posted by CowHead View Post
    All of the above ideas and reasonably price, just can't get into people trying to make their first million by overcharging for things
    Dude, you look at the price of any JRB quilt in their line, note the size of the quilt, multiply it times two and figure out how much nylon is required, plus baffle material, velcro, cordlocks, thread etc. THEN total up what 800 fill down costs in addition to all of that. If you can do arithmetic you should be able to figure out JRB won't be on the NYSE anytime soon. If those guys weren't both retired military they likely never would have gotten their business going, 'cause they'd have starved first. Their products aren't cheap, high quality, American made products never were. A workman is worth his wage.

Section Hiker, 1,040 + miles, donating member peter_pan's Avatar
    Images

MM, KK, TAK et al,

It is refreshing to see the old UQ views still prevail...

MM, your view on the Mt Washington is well supported by its sales... Best part is it is a zero and sub zero capable UQ for the weight of equivelant 20* products.....

KK, thanks for your testimoney on its winter trail use.

The Mt Washington story gets better, in a few days when the Mt washington-3 will debute at TD (Page is up on JRB site now)....Bad news is, like normal the first batch is the small trial run and we expect them to sell out quick then it will be wait 30-45 for the first true production run.

TAK, thanks for defending the value and workmanship of JRB gear.....

Any who have shopped down quilts and down under quilts know that JRB is $40-$100below other USA down gear makers for similiar items.

Any of ya'll going to TD?

Pan
    ounces to grams
    WWW.JACKSRBETTER.COM home of the Nest and No Sniveler underquilts and Bear Mtn Bridge Hammock

I just received the "nest", and I have to say the quality of the sewing and material used is A1. It is well worth the money, the fit and finish is unbeatable. Thank you Jacks. I know that any trip I make will be more comfortable because of your hard work and dedication. Joe

Quote Originally Posted by athiker67 View Post
    I just received the "nest", and I have to say the quality of the sewing and material used is A1. It is well worth the money, the fit and finish is unbeatable. Thank you Jacks. I know that any trip I make will be more comfortable because of your hard work and dedication. Joe
    I love my Nest.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
++ New Posts ++