WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Thread: Sock Outlet

One Small Section at a Time Frau's Avatar
    Images

Default Sock Outlet

Will someone direct me to the scok outlet thread that was u about a year ago, OR tell me where it is? We are leaving 12/26 heading thru NC, TN, GA possibly to the Sipsey and I would like to hit the sock outlet to stock up on wool hikers.

Thanks much,

Frau

Images

Search Cleveland, TN for the Smartwool outlet. I was told it was confusing to find, and somewhere (mapquest?) I have seen a map.

Thorlo must have an outlet in NC?

Happy socking.

El Sordo
    Images

assuming it's still open, it's outside of Cleveland Tennessee. Charleston Hosiery as I recall. I believe that you take exit 27 and head towards Cleveland. Go across the first major intersection and as the road narrows to two lanes you'll come to an intersection with a traffic light. The street name escapes me, but there's an italian restaurant diagonally across the street. Turn left and then go roughly one mile. Keep looking to your left and you'll see a large metal building. There might be a sign for turning traffic on your right as you approach. The outlet part is in the very front left portion of the building.

Sorry, I know the directions are vague. It's been a year or so since I was there. My wife is complaining that I'm over-socked.
    Dyslexics Untie!

Images

Many thanks!

Frau

Default Sock Shop Sweetwater TN off interstate 75

Sock Shop in Sweetwater, TN | 712 N Main Street, Sweetwater, TN

now, may I suggest you try on a sock or two to make sure they go over your heel. Remember they are seconds / irregular and sold for less$$ for a reason. My DH was just there last week some wool, mostly acrylic, head smartwool hiking socks plenty. some time they have base layer by NF or columbia. It's like a box of chocolates.....
    but if you find something you like get a bunch. they won't have them for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Frau View Post
    Will someone direct me to the scok outlet thread that was u about a year ago, OR tell me where it is? We are leaving 12/26 heading thru NC, TN, GA possibly to the Sipsey and I would like to hit the sock outlet to stock up on wool hikers.

Thanks much,

Frau
    Let me know if you need anything.......... I'll tell you how to get by without it

If you put the above address in google maps, and click street view it will show you the building, and you can 'drive' around the town and check it out. Pretty awesome.

Images

There is a Thorlos outlet in Statesville, NC

Images

Quote Originally Posted by generoll View Post
    assuming it's still open, it's outside of Cleveland Tennessee. Charleston Hosiery as I recall.
    Quote Originally Posted by nurseygurl View Post
    Sock Shop in Sweetwater, TN | 712 N Main Street, Sweetwater, TN

now, may I suggest you try on a sock or two to make sure they go over your heel. Remember they are seconds / irregular and sold for less$$ for a reason.
    I am guessing these are two different outlets.

LL Bean sells irregulars for $9 in their outlet here. I have pawed them over and not been impressed. At $3-4, I would jump.

If anyone does head to the Smartwool place in Cleveland, I would love to impose on you.

El Sordo
    Images

I might wander up there today just to see if it's still open. I can always use another pair of socks for everyday use. They also have a full line of John Deere socks, various athletic socks, and "diabetic" socks. 3 bucks a pair as I recall.
    Dyslexics Untie!

Thumbs up Thorlo Outlet

The Thorlo outlet is at exit 151 on I-40, in the Crossroads Shopping Center in Statesville, NC.

Default Thorlos Outlet Locations

We have two Thorlos Outlets. One in Statesville, NC and the other in Orlando, FL. To get driving directions to the NC store visit http://www.thorlo.com/ws6/retailer_d...?id=0000124500

To get directions to the Orlando store visit http://www.thorlo.com/ws6/retailer_d...?id=0000126835

Jeff Lawson
    (Thorlos employee)
    [email protected]

El Sordo
    Images

OK, here's the word on the Cleveland outlet. They are closed this week and won't open until next week. The street is Michigan Avenue and it's a few miles off I-75 at exit 27.
    Dyslexics Untie!

Red face

Thanks to Jeff Lawson for the correct info and the web site.

Apparently the store has been moved since the last time I was there, sorry.

Images

Thanks to all for the information. I pitched 3 wool socks this weekend. I like to stock pile!

Frau

In case anybody need directions to the sock outlet.
    GPS settings: N 35 11.888 W 084 48.383
    I-75 Cleveland, TN exit 27.
    Head east on Paul Huff Parkway for 3.5 miles. After the 1st mile Paul Huff Parkway will become Stuart Rd.
    Left on Michagan Ave at a stoplight. There is a Greek restaurant on the right across the street.
    You will go about 1 mile and the outlet will be on the left.
    They are open Mon-Fri 8 AM- 3 PM.
    I believe they only take cash.
    I stopped by around the March 10th, 2010 and they had just stopped selling SmartWool socks. I don't know if they will start selling them again.
    They had dress, athletic, biking & hiking socks when I stopped by.
    they had a few name brand socks like Polo, John Deere, Carhart and others.
    Prices were $ .50 - $ 2.00 per pair depending on style, material and size.

Images

Thanks for the update.

Frau

El Sordo
    Images

no more Smartwool? They stopped selling them a few years ago for a short while. Seems folks were buying large quantities and then reselling them on Ebay as top of the line instead of 2nds and discontinued or over runs. Smartwool threatened to pull their contract if they didn't quit. Wonder what the story is this time.
    Dyslexics Untie!

of Hatman and Happy Feet GAME '01 Happy Feet's Avatar
    Images

Default Smartwool Outlet

I was thinking about heading over to the outlet today at lunch, but didn't make it. I'll go tomorrow instead. I was there in December and they had just started selling Smartwool again. They mostly have socks, not base layers...although I picked up a nice pair of arm warmers. In December the socks were $5/pair and there was a limit of 3 per month AND you have to sign for them. The reason IS indeed because people were loading up and selling on Ebay. I only work 4 minutes from there, so there is no excuse for me to not be there every month for my 3 pair! I have only purchased for myself and Hatman and picked some up as Christmas gifts for family members. Just like on the trail it's a bummer that people take advantage and ruin it for others. I'll update about my experience there tomorrow.

of Hatman and Happy Feet GAME '01 Happy Feet's Avatar
    Images

Default Smartwool Sock Outlet

Well, I went to the Smartwool Sock outlet today at lunch. If memory serves, when I was there in December they had a 3 pair limit per month and the price was $5 each (used to be 6 pair limit at $3 each when I first found this place). Today there was a 2 pair limit on Smartwool at $6 a pair, 12 pair limit on Pearl Izumi at $1, and they had Carhart socks that were a wool blend that seem nice at $2 each. I got a couple of them to try. Now with a 2 pair limit at $6 each (for seconds) it's hardly worth a special trip. Glad I work close by so I can pick some up now and then.

++ New Posts ++