Hello - We are in the process of getting a new site online geared for the Long Trail community. This is a free site centered around social networking type features like Facebook. Here are some of the things that we will be including...

#1 - Online End to Enders Guide

#2 - Shelter guide and descriptions with photos or video

#3 - General Trail information with GPS mapping fo entire trail (GPS info will come after my thru hike in June)

#4 - Information for Blue Blaze trails

#5 - For users there is the ability to create and maintain your own blog, profile, status, photo albums, etc...

#6 - For groups, such as section maintainers, they too can create a group and utilize it to post information related to their section, or, businesses such as outfitters and hostels can create their own group and use in the same way.

What I am looking for right now is help from the general community of people who may have photos of all the shelters. I will follow up this post with a full shelter list. We want to document each shelter with general history, and photos of the shelter or surrounding area of the shelter.
We intend to publish this site live on February 9th and will follow up this post with URL. We intend to document each shelter on our own on our way thru this year but would like help from the general community to get the shelter documents started.

Any help anyone can give regarding the shelter photos or anything else you may want to contribute to the end to end guide would be much appreciated. You can contact me at jfiguranh-at-gmail-dot-com
Best,
GrinchMT