WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 47 of 57 FirstFirst ... 37 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... LastLast
    Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Wolf View Post
    walked 5 miles on the Creeper trail today. can't wait to start running and hiking. y'alls prayers and stuff worked. god bless you all
    Quote Originally Posted by Tin Man View Post
    can we leave beliefs alone and get back to celebrating Wolf's recovery? ty
    why didn't you include LW's thoughts here as well?

Quote Originally Posted by The Only Wanderer View Post
    he wasn't debating beliefs like the others - that's how i see it

Journal Entries
    Images

he wasn't debating beliefs like the others - that's how i see it
    i don't understand why someones beliefs would get a response out of you anyway, especially on this thread. LW has already stated, in my opinion that he had a spiritual experience as well. and now you want to attack those who simply are sharing their thoughts and prayers? not cool is the way i see it.........

i don't understand why someones beliefs would get a response out of you anyway, especially on this thread. LW has already stated, in my opinion that he had a spiritual experience as well. and now you want to attack those who simply are sharing their thoughts and prayers? not cool is the way i see it.........
    let's take this offline

Default Just wondering....

What did they do to get your whiskers out of the way so they could open up your chest for the arterial reroutes ? Just wondering.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanati View Post
    What did they do to get your whiskers out of the way so they could open up your chest for the arterial reroutes ? Just wondering.
    they cut a freakin swath with electric clippers

Faith is a crucial element in healing. If you find yourslef on your knees its not because your weak your just getting stronger.
    My guns are not as dangerous as Ted Kennedy's car

OH NO !!!! Didn't seem to interrupt your philosophical renderings however. LOL

Images

This thread is going to relate to Lone Wolf's personal story. The problem arises when people challenge aspects of the personal story due to personal bias. Let it go. Let's not take this as an opportunity to score some points in an argument that will not happen. Thanks.

BTW, great to hear that you are increasing your activity level LW. 5 miles is kickass.
    That's my dog, Echo. He's a fine young dog.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by weary View Post
    Why do you suppose God was looking out for you and not the little kid that was killed by a car running a stop light that very same day?
    maybe it was even you, you old goat!
    "The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions, that I wish it always to be kept alive." -TJ

I was always late getting the message. Anyway, LW, glad to read that you're back on your hind feet.

All the best!

Quote Originally Posted by trailangelmary View Post
    I am a strong believer in that there is no such thing as coincidence, God makes it happen. Glad to hear you are recovering so well Lone Wolf. Hugs to you and Gypsy. Hope to see you in May.
    Quote Originally Posted by weary View Post
    Why do you suppose God was looking out for you and not the little kid that was killed by a car running a stop light that very same day?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sly View Post
    Must be a busy guy. Sucks when he takes a life. And what about a set of keys I lost the other day?
    well folks, sorry i'm so emotional and weird these days. might be cuz i lived thru a major heart attack and havin' my heart stop 4 times. all i can say is do not ignore signs that somethin' is wrong although i don't reccomend an echocardiogram stress test. it proved useless in my case. for $1200 i was sent home and 72 hours later had the "big one". the doc didn't seem to concerned about my abnormal results of the test.
    anyway mods, feel free to close this thread down now cuz it's gonna turn into another religious pissin' match by the usual suspects.

yea please close it cuz he has learned nothing from his experience and he is back to raising hell on other threads..

Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Wolf View Post
    well folks, sorry i'm so emotional and weird these days. might be cuz i lived thru a major heart attack and havin' my heart stop 4 times. all i can say is do not ignore signs that somethin' is wrong although i don't reccomend an echocardiogram stress test. it proved useless in my case. for $1200 i was sent home and 72 hours later had the "big one". the doc didn't seem to concerned about my abnormal results of the test.
    anyway mods, feel free to close this thread down now cuz it's gonna turn into another religious pissin' match by the usual suspects.
    My apologies for saying what was on my mind, Tin Man and I have settled our differences........

Images

Quote Originally Posted by ColdFire View Post
    yea please close it cuz he has learned nothing from his experience and he is back to raising hell on other threads..
    What a stupid statement!
    I love the smell of esbit in the morning!

Journal Entries
    Images

Im with you there on that Lugnut!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lugnut View Post
    What a stupid statement!

Registered User Pacific Tortuga's Avatar
    Images

[ i don't reccomend an echocardiogram stress test. it proved useless in my case. for $1200 i was sent home and 72 hours later had the "big one". the doc didn't seem to concerned about my abnormal results of the test.

When I took a echo they said, "something seems to be wrong"

The only way to know for sure whats going on in your tubes is to have a angio-gram. It is a out patient procedure, not cheap but they will KNOW whats up. I was surounded by docs after mine saying you need a quad now. Went home updated my will, found a doc I liked and got it done a week later .
    5 miles, nice streach of the legs, Lone 'mad dog' Wolf.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacific Tortuga View Post
    [ i don't reccomend an echocardiogram stress test. it proved useless in my case. for $1200 i was sent home and 72 hours later had the "big one". the doc didn't seem to concerned about my abnormal results of the test.

When I took a echo they said, "something seems to be wrong"

The only way to know for sure whats going on in your tubes is to have a angio-gram. It is a out patient procedure, not cheap but they will KNOW whats up. I was surounded by docs after mine saying you need a quad now. Went home updated my will, found a doc I liked and got it done a week later .
    5 miles, nice streach of the legs, Lone 'mad dog' Wolf.
    I recently had some chest pain and I got nagged into going to see a doctor. He did an EKG and blood work. He said I didn't have a heart attack but there is something odd in my heart rythem pattern. I'm scheduled for a stress test on 3 April. I have no clue if I should keep beating this drum or get on with my business. I've been doing 2o minutes a day on the treadmill since LWs heart attack. I feel fine. Any thought?

Registered User Pacific Tortuga's Avatar
    Images

Superman,
    I was hiking 5 miles of good elevation gain and loss for my thru attempt. When I'd reach the trail head, about half mile from my home my chest had a small discomfort, bout the size of a quarter, i'd stop, it would go away and then go hiking.
    Saw-bones said that that might have helped to save my life then in the same breath said you are the kind they find dead on the trail too.
    I had a decending T wave on my EKG. That was the first clue I needed it checked.
    Treadmill = your fine, two years later a new EKG
    - T wave = you need a nuclear dye test ??????? you need a cardio-gram
    In the hospital at 9AM test over by 10AM and they KNEW what was wrong. All the docs pushed for surgery right then and there but needed to get my ducks in a row.
    Everyone is different but for my money and health I'd say go straight to the angio- gram. They go up through you femoral artery.
    I was released by 2PM and back in a week later. I felt better after picking my own surgeon and talking with friends/family. My will was updated and I told people how much they meant to me. This made me feel much better about going under the knife.

...your worst nightmare!
    Journal Entries
    Images

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Lugnut View Post
    What a stupid statement!
    Consider the source.
    Sierra Tango Foxtrot Uniform

Page 47 of 57 FirstFirst ... 37 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... LastLast
++ New Posts ++