WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Wags View Post
    turkey hill ice cream > *
    Their Butter Pecan is to die for!
    http://www.radio-outdoors.com Ham Radio and the outdoors. Perfect together!

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    I am doing a "serious" study on the most popular flavors (according to hikers) of Ben and Jerry's Ice Cream. Your reply will allow me to stock the proper flavors in the correct quantities.
    OOOOHHHHH! Are you stocking this in your Manchester Hostel?
    I'm going to have to list all of my favorites (in order):

1. Phish Food (I haven't seen that for ages- if you find it, it will be SOO) popular)
    2. Half Baked
    3. Chunky Monkey
    4. Coffee Heath Bar Crunch

(I also saw some other favorites I had forgotten about posted on here: fossil fuel, chocolate fudge brownie, coffee coffee buzzbuzzbuzz)

PS- You may want to stock the majority of this around oh, say mid June (that of course has nothing to do with when I'll be passing through.......)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    I am doing a "serious" study on the most popular flavors (according to hikers) of Ben and Jerry's Ice Cream. Your reply will allow me to stock the proper flavors in the correct quantities.
    For all you dumb f**** , the op clearly stated Ben and Jerrys!

There were two flavors that I fell in love with when I hiked in 97. Neither of them is still around.

a) Cool Britania.
    b) SNAFU - Strawberries and Nuts, All Fudged Up.

I dont eat as much B&J anymore. I have become a fan of flavors that have raspberry or black raspberry.

The best ice cream that I think I have ever had was in Kent CT. They had a delicious raspberry, almond, coconut blend that was just heavenly. (at least for me)

Images

none, i boycott ben&jerry

flagator said:
    "none, i boycott ben&jerry"
    I really don't want to get political, but I'm curious why you boycott B&J?
    Dee
    healthymom

"Root Beer Float my Boat" which I had at least 10 years ago at a B&Js in Union Station, Washington DC. Only had it once; it must have been discontinued.

The Unilever subsidiary that is B&Js thinks they're very clever and creative with their phraseology but actually IMO, they're profoundly uncreative and dull because 3/4 of their flavors are merely variations of chocolate, peanut butter, or some combination of the 2. Why don't they explore a wider range of ingredients?

And B&Js isn't even the best ice cream in Vermont. That honor belongs to the Stewarts convenience stores - twice the quality at half the price - and a much better flavor selection.

1: Cherry Garcia
    2: Half baked
    3. What ever flavor that is in the store.

Images

chubby hubby, cherry garcia. Mostly I prefer Bluebell or hagen dazs.

Gotta have some Dublin Mudslide!

carmel sutra and cherry garcia yummy yummy
    GRAVY

Thumbs up

My fav is Strawberry Cheesecake. This is best for me.

Lots of people (including myself) avoid buying Ben and Jerry's, the same way I don't buy tickets to Spike Lee movies, don't buy books by Rush Limbaugh, refuse to watch MSNBC, donate to NPR, etc.

If someone embraces thinking or advocates political action I find objectionable, then I'll choose NOT to spend money that supports their activities.

For me, like thousands of people, this includes Ben and Jerry's.

That being said, assuming it's on the dessert table and it's already been paid for, i.e. the damage is done, then Coffee Heath Bar Crunch is pretty damned tasty.

Of course there are exceptions to this. I'll still go to Springsteen shows.

Some people get a pass.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Tarlin View Post
    If someone embraces thinking or advocates political action I find objectionable, then I'll choose NOT to spend money that supports their activities.
    Jack, I am surprised you ever cross the Connecticut River west into Vermont.

Images

New flavor of B&J icre cream: Summit's Lure (my concoction)

Chunky Monkey
    Add: Peanut butter fudge chunks & top with chocolate syrup

Yum!
    My daughter made some homemade peanut butter fudge and said "Dad, you should try some on your ice cream with chocolate syrup over it all." And I did . . .

Default but why?

Lots of people (including myself) avoid buying Ben and Jerry's, the same way I don't buy tickets to Spike Lee movies, don't buy books by Rush Limbaugh, refuse to watch MSNBC, donate to NPR, etc.

For me, like thousands of people, this includes Ben and Jerry's.

That being said, assuming it's on the dessert table and it's already been paid for, i.e. the damage is done, then Coffee Heath Bar Crunch is pretty damned tasty.

Of course there are exceptions to this. I'll still go to Springsteen shows.

Some people get a pass.
    Hi Jack!
    First, let me thank you for for keeping this discussion civil. My biggest fear is that a discussion of this type can turn into a nasty flamewar.
    I understand not buying a product because you disagree with their policies or principles. I am boycotting Nestle because of their practice of marketing artificial breastmilk (infant formula) to mothers in the Caribbean and Africa. I boycotted Mount Olive until they signed a contract with farm workers for a more livable wage. (I am not telling anyone that they should or shouldn't buy a product, just offering examples of my behavior.)
    I am a capitalist. I vote with my dollars for those businesses I wish to stay in business. I don't vote for others for specific reasons.
    You live in New Hampshire. What do you see there that makes you not want to purchase their product?
    Submitted respectfully,
    Dee
    healthymom

this thread is headed for the *****ter

Wolf is right. But since the question was asked:

[Edited comments]

That being said, I hope this thread gets back to its original topic, which was all about people's favorite B&J flavor. So let's try and leave off the politics if we can. My answer to the original poster is this: I think their best flavor is Coffee Heath Bar Crunch, but I don't eat it very often, and I'll never buy it.
    Last edited by Alligator; 08-05-2009 at 13:42. Reason: Helping in Jack's hope to keep the thread on topic by leaving off the politics.

Images

In any case, I'm sorta old-fashioned when it comes to ice cream. Breyer's vanilla does me fine.

T
    You need to find some Gifford's Old Fashioned Vanilla. (Not the French Vanilla.)

If you like vanilla...

Healthymom or anyone else wanting an answer to this is welcome to write me privately.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
++ New Posts ++