WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Give Back to the Appalachian Trail: The Georgia AT License Plate - Examiner.com

Examiner.com

Give Back to the Appalachian Trail: The Georgia AT License Plate
    Examiner.com
    The Appalachian Trail Conservancy is looking for 1000 people to apply for their specialty plate in Georgia. As of August 25th, 2009, the ATC had received ...

More...

Journal Entries
    Images

You Georgia folks hurry up and order your damn tags so I can get mine I paid for on the day it was offered!!

599 applications of the 1000 needed in Georgia as of TODAY. This is super great news!

This is indeed great news and other states should follow suit. In most cases (if not all), the money that is generated thru the individual state license plate programs is earmarked and reserved for Trail-related projects. For example, I know that the Tenessess Eastman Hiking Club has petitioned for (and received!!) money from the North Carolina plate fund and has used this money on Trail projects/work in their area, like at Overmountain shelter and elsewhere. If you're lucky enough to live in a Trail state that has an A.T. license plate program, I urge you to check it out and take part, it's a great way to help the Trail.

GA has all sorts of funky plate options. Since the extra charge is more than enough to cover the cost of plates and admin, I'm surprised the don't lower the requirements of 1000 needed up front.

I have a NC AT plate. Its one reason I won't drop the registration and insurance on my vehicle. I don't want to reregister and get a higher number (not that mine is very low)

Hey Hyway: I'm fairly certain (check with the specialty tag office in Raleigh to confirm) that if you have a numerically issued plate then that is tied to your VIN number. It is non-transferable. Likely, if you were to discontinue it for some reason (like a hike) then re-establish it - you could re-activate the same plate. But, I could be wrong - so check with them.

However, personalized versions of the plate (like I dunno LOVE or something) could be transferred between people with some paperwork, etc.

they'd get to that 1000 immediately if they personalized. it's not like it's that much harder for the convicts to actually spell something out.
    oh. wait..

Registered User Dances with Mice's Avatar
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by kanga View Post
    they'd get to that 1000 immediately if they personalized. it's not like it's that much harder for the convicts to actually spell something out.
    oh. wait..
    I dunno, there's a lot of highly educated Georgia politicians already on the premises and available to produce those plates.
    You never turned around to see the frowns
    On the jugglers and the clowns
    When they all did tricks for you.

well then tell em to get on it!

I know not everyone is interested in a GA Appalachian Trail license plate if it can't be personalized, but even still - it's a great way to connect with other people who care about the Trail. I find it to be so at least in N.C.

We need fewer than 300 applications in Georgia to get these license plates into production. We've sold 712 to date.

Applications and information are online at www.appalachiantrail.org/galicenseplate.

If you have questions - you can PM me or send an e-mail to ljoyner at appalachiantrail dot org.

++ New Posts ++